We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Jacksonville...
6 posts
Save Topic
An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Do think Loreto Bay is a good place to move to.I want to be on or near the beach.I want to be able to ride my bike to la mercado.I want a quiet town with minimal tourists. I have been having a lot of trouble trying to locate long term rentals on the net. All they seem to have are vacation rentals. Can you give me some assistance?

I'm also looking at Las Barriles,San Felipe,LaPaz,San Jose del Cabo,Los Cabos.If you know of an agent or realtor can you give me their e-mail or phone?

Thanks a lot,

Barbara Martin

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,979 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

you might try craigslist for potential rentals. Also subscribe to gringogazette.com online. There are usually long term rentals on there for the Los Cabos area.

Jacksonville...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Thanks for the help

Barbara Martin

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

there are several property management companies in Loreto, they all have all types of options, from studio rentals to fancy homes for sale, you should search for them online, I would recomend to you to start with a short term lease and once you are here in Loreto go shopping for what you are looking for.

Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Depends how truly quiet you need it to be. Los Barriles sounds like something you might like. San Jose del Cabo is also pretty quiet almost all the time. If you aren't opposed to the MEGA shopping store, ... then you could walk to the Mega and wouldn't even have to ride your bike. We have some long-term renters at Las Mananitas (condos) -- the beach is very quiet and beatiful, and you can walk to the Mega or several other stores, the hospital etc. and into downtown San Jose del Cabo. Lots of small buses there to get around so you don't need a car. You could ask some of the owners about long-term at www.vrbo.com.

Jacksonville...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Thanks for the help. Every e-mail I get makes it a little easier to realize my dream of living in Mexico.

Barbara Martin

Jacksonville...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Thank you so much for the great info.Every e-mail I get helps me get closer to realizing my dream of living in Mexico.

Barbara Martin

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Hi - I know of a bungalow rental in Loreto that just might be your liking. Right on the beach, 5mins to town. It is in a private compound with one other unit . Give me a call. Diana-818-539-4954

Duncan British...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Hello Barbara

Are you still looking for a place. I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo right on the Malecon in Loreto.We are looking for a long term tenant as we do not plan to use it for a few years. It is fully furnished and beautiful. If you are interested please email us at dodsworth@shaw.ca. Regards TOM

Duncan British...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Hello Barbara

Are you still looking for a place. I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo right on the Malecon in Loreto.We are looking for a long term tenant as we do not plan to use it for a few years. It is fully furnished and beautiful. If you are interested please email us at dodsworth@shaw.ca. Regards TOM

Loreto, Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: An American seeking to relocate to Mexico

Hi Barbara,

My name is Jill Jackson and I own a small hotel in Loreto called Las Cabanas de Loreto and also work for a real estate brokerage in town called Mision Loreto Properties. http://www.misionloreto.com

I have lived in Loreto for 8 years, LOVE living here, :) and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about Loreto and the surrounding area and suggest some long term rentals for you. My personal email is jilljackson166@gmail.com and my phone at the Hotel is 011 52 613 135 1105. Saludos!

Get answers to your questions about Loreto