We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Santa Clara, CA
Level Contributor
73 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

Hi everyone,

We are taking a Sea of Cortez cruise, one of our ports is Loreto. Can someone give us suggestions on what to do on our one day there? Thanks,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

You might get a few answers here but I would hedge my bet and post this same question on CruiseCritic (also owned by TripAdvisor. There is a forum there just for the Mexican Riviera and there may also be a "roll call" for your specific sailing. You can also read reviews of other people who have taken that cruise before. Some of them will tell you what they did in Loreto.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

You've got mail--upper right on this screen.

San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

I'm not sure if you have already completed your cruise, but if anybody else is going, I have just completed this cruise and Loreto was my favorite port of call. You will be tendered in, as it is only a small fishing village. A short walk to town and you will see the first Mission on the southern most part of the Camino Real. We were welcomed without all the annoying street sellers. There was a platform in the town square where a group of Mariachi players and a Folk Ballet Group took it in turn to entertain us. If you want to see what Mexican village life was like before being transformed by tourists, you will enjoy Loreto.

4. Re: Taking a cruise to Baja California - what do to in Loreto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, June 26, 2011