We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is La Paz now that the Hurricane is over?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle
6 posts
Save Topic
How is La Paz now that the Hurricane is over?

We have a trip booked to La Paz at the end of October, staying at La Concha Beach Resort. I'm worried about the conditions since Hurricane John. Does anyone know how the resort fared? How about the town itself? Do you think the bay will clear out enough for swimming and fishing by the end of October? We're seriously thinking of switching destinations but we were so looking forward to La Paz!

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Baja California Sur, Mexico
La Concha Beach Resort
La Concha Beach Resort
525 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
California
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is La Paz now that the Hurricane is over?

We have a condo at La Concha. I got a damage report from Johnathon Rolden who is a fishing guide who stays at the hotel while his home is being built. The hotel had a few broken windows and a lot of trees that fell and are being cleaned up. We will be going on the 29 of this month and by that time things will be back to normal. The fishing report states there is a lot of debris in the water now. In two weeks it will be much better. By the time you go everything will be fine, the water will be safe and the city will be buzzing as usual. You can go to Johnathon's website at, www. Tailhunter International. If it were my choice I would go!

Mentioned in this post
La Concha Beach Resort
La Concha Beach Resort
525 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
Tailhunter Restaurant
Tailhunter Restaurant
1,141 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
2. Re: How is La Paz now that the Hurricane is over?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 23, 2009