We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pacific Palisades...
5 posts
Save Topic
Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

I am planning to go to La Paz around the middle of June 2006. I would drive if I had someone with whom I could share the driving, preferably another woman or a couple. If we used their car, i would share expenses and driving. If mine, the same woud be true. i am a former teacher of English and French, 60ish, active, simpatica.

Otherwise I am looking for an economical round trip flight and am wondering which dates and travel source will yield the most economical price.

I live in the vicinity of Santa Monica, CA.

Send your email and or phone number and i will contact you.

Pacific Palisades...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

I am wondering when the weather will be cooler for returning to my house near La Paz, MX. Some say the end of september;others say not before October 15. Also when and where can I get the most economical airfare? Should i fly to Cabo and take a shuttle to the bus station and take a bus to La Paz? should i just rent a car there and drive to the La Paz area taking the Todos Santos route?

Will that take two and a half hours or three hours or more?

Or would I save more money and see more of Baja if i could find a couple of compatible people to share the drive with me and possible stay at the house as well? And where would I find these people? A handiman/fisherman/navigator and his interior decorator, shopping maven wife would be nice.

in january some very nice people from New hampshire want to rent the hose. But I need to get my casa properly equipped first.

It is only partially furnished and must have a washing machine and air conditioning added when I return.

Also need some more furniture, curtain rods installed in cement walls, some calking. Will hire a pool person and contact the gardener.

Could use some help getting all accomplished. Also deciding what is best.

Pacific Palisades...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

Contact retired female teacher driving to La Paz, Mexico, in October. Have house to share. Will be furnishing it further.

Driving to be shared. Intelligent, educated couple or responsible

young women (one or two) might work.

los angeles
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

You will probably get much better response posting on the baja nomads board. good luck!

4. Re: Sharing drive to La Paz, Mexico/ sharing house...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 21, 2009