We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to la paz from usa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
flying to la paz from usa

Planning to travel from UK to la paz late March and hoping to go through LA or San Diego. Any information on best route to fly appreciated as flights seem limited from these cities.

Thanks, Sara

malibu
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying to la paz from usa

Hi Sara - just looked into this myself. Unfortunately Alaska Airlines (via Horizon Air) is the only non-stop from LAX to La Paz and they're discontinuing it on April 6. So if you're going this month, you should be fine. But non-stop is only offered on Saturdays (and maybe Wednesday). Not sure about San Diego.

surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying to la paz from usa

Thanks for prompt reply and for info re discontinuing direct flights. Might look into going via another USA city if that is the case.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying to la paz from usa

hope you find one...otherwise, you can get from san diego, ca to tijuanna, mexico pretty easy (trolly & taxi) and catch a flight from there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying to la paz from usa

My suggestion is to fly to Cabo (SJC) and take an Ecobaja Tours bus from the Airport directly to La Paz. These flights from LA are numerous, and faster( Non-stop) and cheaper than flying into La Paz. The bus trip is about $33/U.S. and takes about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours depending on the route. The bus is comfortable, holds about 7 passengers, is air conditioned and has free wi-fi on board. Not a bad way to travel and see the sights of Baja California Sur!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,524 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying to la paz from usa

Oops. SJC is the San Jose, California, US airport. SJD is the San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flying to la paz from usa

I have just spent the last couple of days researching this for my daughter, who is attending a Marine Bio programme. She is currently in Hilo so will travel to Lax, spend a week with family. Approx 29 May Alaskian Air to PHX Phoenix, connect with Aeromexico direct to La Paz. Air fare was $90 /Usd /Aud Lax PHX - then $85 PHX Lap. This is both the most time saving way as opposed to transfer in MEX Mexico City and then to LAP. You could also look at LAX Mazatalan on US Air then Baja ferry over to LAP which from memory departs that sector Wed and Friday, at a cost of $1729 Peso equiv $158Usd.

alberta
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying to la paz from usa

Check out AeroMexico, I read that it has opened a route between LA and La Paz Thursdays and Sundays for $276. Dpearts LA at 2:20 pm

surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flying to la paz from usa

Thanks for that info, is really helpful! Ended up driving down Baja Peninsula from San Diego at Easter as found it hard to find flights that didnt cost a fortune. Next time want to fly though, as long drive with two young boys to entertain! Will plan my next trip around this flight schedule.

9. Re: flying to la paz from usa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 21, 2014