We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's it like to live on Baja, La Paz?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajijic
2 posts
Save Topic
What's it like to live on Baja, La Paz?

My husband and I are expats from the States. We've lived in Puerto Vallarta and Ajijic. We've traveled Mexico but we have never been to the Peninsula. I don't rely on english, I prefer speaking spanish here.We are looking for a comfortable house very near the ocean, safe for us and our 3 doggies. What can you tell us about life on the Peninsula? How much should we expect to pay in rent for a 2-3 bedroom house, walking distance to the beach with a pool?

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's it like to live on Baja, La Paz?

Keep in mind that "near the beach" isn't the same as being "near the ocean" here. Being near a *swimming* beach is tougher, especially if you want a house. Near the ocean, not a problem. To get a larger house with a pool, I'd guess you're in *at least* $2000/month. I know of a few homes, with pools, but are at $1500/week.

You could check Costa Baja to see if they have some unsold condos or homes they would rent.

2. Re: What's it like to live on Baja, La Paz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, March 02, 2011