We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Fishing Package in La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brentwood, Ca
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Fishing Package in La Paz

Subject: La Paz

Location: Baja California Sur, Baja California, Mexico, North America

Title: Best Fishing in Mexico

ID#: 61636226

Jonathan Roldan's

Tailhunter International

U.S. Office: 3319 White Cloud Drive, Suite A, Hacienda Hts. CA 91745

Mexico Office: 755 Paseo Obregon, La Paz, Baja Sur, Mexico

Phones:

from USA : 626-638-3383

from Mexico: 044-612-14-17863

The Best Fishing Package in Mexico

Date: April 15, 2010

Just got back from another great six day fishing package in La Paz, Mexico. My seven buddies and I booked this fishing trip in Sacramento, Calif. in January as we have been doing for the past four years with Jonathan Roldan's Tailhunter International. Jonathan booked us in a four star three bedroom condo at the Hotel La Concha just outside downtown La Paz and set us up for three full days of guided fishing. His packages run from $600 to $1000 apiece depending on how many fishing days and the hotel accommodations. Well worth it when I have spent twice as much for an Alaskan fishing trip. We fished two days out of the Las Arenas Lighthouse area and one day around Espiritu Santo Island. All three mornings Jonathan's wife Jill met us in the hotel lobby with coffee and a delicious breakfast. The two mornings we fished out of Las Arenas we took a forty minute van ride to a beach where the fishing fleet launched their pangas right off the sandy beach. The third day we walked right off a dock at the Hotel La Concha for a ride to the Espiritu Island area. All three days we caught lots of yellowtail, pargo, and sierra along with a few dorados. The boat Captains were ever so nice and cleaned and packaged all our fish at the end of each day. One day we took some of our fresh fish fillets to the Tailhunter Fubar Cantina in La Paz and again enjoyed another terrific dinner. The hotel flash freezed our fish each day so on the trip home each of us took the full 50 pounds of fish fillets allowed per cooler. Jonathan and Jill hosted a great taco party at the hotel one night for all the fisherman booked that week with Tailhunters. This was definitely an excellent affordable fishing package and we enjoyed our stay. My past fishing packages out of Cabo San Lucas, Barriles and Loreto were not even close in the number of fish caught and the attention Jonathan and Jill gave each of us to insure we had a great time. I'll be back next year if not later this fall.

1. Re: Best Fishing Package in La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 18, 2010