We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chester, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

Hi: We're hoping to take a day trip out to Isla Espiritu Santos, but are not really interested in a planned, guided excursion. Our idea is to hire a boat from La Paz, Pichilingue or Playa Tecolote, get dropped of with our snorkel gear, and get picked up at the end of the day. Or, even more ideally, get dropped off by a company that also rents tandem kayaks (i.e.: be left at the island with the kayak) and get retrieved at day's end. Has anyone done this, or know if it can be done? If so, company names and approximate prices would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

I figured your post deserved some kind of response, even though I don't know the answer. I took the "guided" trip to Espiritu Santo and had a great day. I never felt like I was on a guided excursion, except that when I came back to the beach after snorkeling and kayaking, they were preparing a delicious fresh fish lunch under a flowing white tent. Very easy going, unguided feel to the whole afternoon.

I suppose you could also head to the marina and work out a more unstructured deal with one of the local boat captains or pangas. How ever you get there, I highly recommend the trip!

La Paz
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

I agree with TaCabo, the tour is very low key and unless you've been there before and already know about the place, you'll learn a lot about the history, ecosystem and importance of the island. Our guide found us some fabulous places to snorkel, we had lots of free time and great food. It was a fabulous day and the price is very reasonable.

centenario

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

Do you remember the name of the company that took you out? I know there are several, some good, some not so good. Finding one in April when we get here will be easier if we had a referral....thanks!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

We're going to be in La Paz February 15. Can you recommend a company for the Isla Espiritu Santo trip? What's a reasonable price for a day trip?

5. Re: Transport to Isla Espiritu Santos from La Paz or vicinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 22, 2010