We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Conchas Beach Resort?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Tucson
1 post
Save Topic
Las Conchas Beach Resort?

Please offer any advise. We are considering a stay there in mid February but don't really know enough about the resort to make a decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,733 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Conchas Beach Resort?

First off, I haven't stayed there and am no authority. I wandered onto the property during my stay there last week as it was on the road between La Paz proper and Pichilingue, where we were staying, and we were scouting out a place to eat. There are several different buildings there - some older looking and some newer. The grounds are nicely kept. The pool area was well done and clean. The restaurant looked clean and inviting. There's a bar on the part of the property that juts out from the beach - nice enough. And the beach looks nice too. I couldn't get unusually excited about the place - there was something very generic about the place - but it seemed nice enough to spend a few days. You'd probably want a car if you planned to make more than one or two journeys from there - it's a real trek into La Paz on foot from there, and Tecolote and Balandra beaches, further out on the north end of the peninsula, make for good outings.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,076 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Conchas Beach Resort?

We went a few years ago, and stopped there to look up friends. I wasn't impressed at that time. We stayed at the Crown Plaza (I think) would not stay there either-lovely, but too far from anything, and very empty......good meals though, and lovely-huge room! I would stay at Los Arcos on the Malecon if I went back. Get a room away from the street.

peoria,az
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Conchas Beach Resort?

this is a happy traveler who has stayed at la concha resort timeshare rooms and reg. rooms,, ive enjoyed each and every stay there, and will be there again in june 2005 again for trip #5. i was there in march 2004 for spring break,, the hotel is clean, service is good, food in rest. is great, and prices dont break the bank, the beach is small but theres shade palapas, and the waves are small most the time, its shallow, and when tide comes and goes out, seaweed on beach, and need water shoes of some sort, there are parts that have rough rocks, and some fish that like to hide in sandy areas,, water is clear, can walk a ways out there, and up to waist, theres a small dock at end of property,, the prev. storm took some of it away, and theres 2 bars on prop, theres a small gym area, and pool has a shallow part for kids, and is in middle of propery, theres wheelchair ramps in some locations, on a daily basis as you can ck in desk adv want to go to town next day, theres a FREE shuttle van that takes to town, and can take a different one back to resort, in town theres shops, little cisiors pizza, ice cream shop, grocery stores, a cathlic church in plaza, is where the van drops/pick up, in a few hours, i mostly enjoy the quiet beach, the hotel is about a 10min drive to town, but is a far far walk, up and down hillside, took forever, wont ever do it again, unless you want a workout!!!

the reg. hotel rooms are nothing fancy, in decor, nor quality, but not in room much, i think A L L the mexico beds are HARD, they have tv ,a few channels, hbo, phone, in rooms, maid service daily. the timeshare room i was in sleep 4, beds hard too, the kitchen had full size refrig, stove top, toaster, coffee maker, and patio outside was nice, 2 bathrooms, beds were in same room, 2 tv, one in bedroom, one in living room, yet remember not fancy, but comfortable to stay at. the front desk can help in make tours, i went over spring break, march 15-21,2004, it was not wild, like you see on tv, florida, etc.. which was suprised, but nice, the people i met at resort were nice, and week was pleasant.

i went to see the whales, it was why i decided to go to la paz, i got there the last week of the tours, as it was end of season, the tour guide spoke english, a chevy suburban we were on was new, clean, and driver was pleasant, and a good driver, the tour stop for mid am breakfast, included the ponga boat trip, and after lunch, which was good food at both locations, and drive back to hotel, was a full day, take a snack on van trip if get hungry or drinks too, as van stops only at rest. take a sunscreen, hat, and light jacket, plenty of film, or video, as you will touch them from the ponga, the location i went to had a few gift shops at the docks, and they sold photos of the whales if you think you missed a good shot,, its was worth every penny, it was $125.00 each person, i think was the price, the company was called lybs, can write or call in adv and get info, the general manager card i got was jose castillo aviles, email adrs josemariacastilloaviles116@msn.com, phone/fas is mexican phone (612) 12 2-46-80, the man that drove the van there he was great, his name was gabriel montano,,, his cell phone was 044 612 10 53529, these phones were good as of march of 2004, the location we went to see the whales was lopez mateos, the company they used were there, in case you want to make own drive in car, pay for a tour -res. phone 613-13 1 51 05, edgar joel castro,,there was 2-3 other companies there, not sure still good. our driver, gabriel also was telling me a singe female taveler, of a trip to swim with the sea lions, boat trip, equipt. ,box lunch on a small beach afterwards, was $65.00 i think i payed,, we went the next day, the same driver came to la concha p/up took to a boat in town, and sent a group that was with us out, and came to get at end of day, 4pm or so, the swim was great, they swim with you, you dive they dive, a memory to treasure for ever.

if you are interested in going fishing theres a good co. just 10mins or less away, there is a small motel on propery, called cantamar sports lodge, local phone is 112 21826, or email at bajadiving@lapaz.cromwell.com.mx this is what the business card say,march 2003, the rooms were about 65.00 u.s. a night, theres a small beach on prop, no waves, and shade too, there was a pool, rest on prop,, another email is info@clubcantimar.com, they have a fleet of boat there, called parot fleet,, ask for franciso,, well guess this is what i can offer to you, i can send you photos of la conch resort, contact me at alexgarreton@hotmail.com if or any reason not able to get all the info on the tours write me, ill send to you .

i recommend la conchas, if like quiet time, but enjoy the mexico lifestyle,,, good luck on your vacation plans.

california
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Conchas Beach Resort?

La Concha is one of my favorite places on the planet. Stay in the condos if your budget allows but the rooms are pretty comforatable, just smallish.

The restaurant is decent, especially good for a convenient breakfast.

There is nothing in walking distance. Plan on lots of cab rides or a rent-a-car.