We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cincinnati
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting in La Paz

I have never been to La Paz and needed an opinion on where to stay that is modestly priced close to the beach and is kid friendly. Do you recommend La Paz to a native Cincinnati, Ohio family who has never been to Mexico. Thanks for the feedback.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in La Paz

La Paz is a lovely, quiet Mexican city, not too touristy. The nice beaches are out of town a bit. Most of the hotels are located in town, along the malecon (the malecon is the street/ sidewalks that run along the bay) and you would need to take a taxi, bus or rent a car to get to the nice beaches. However, the La Concha Beach Resort is on a pretty beach. You might want to check out their website:

http://www.laconcha.com/index.html

Also, what time of year are you thinking about visiting? La Paz can get miserably hot in the summer.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in La Paz

LaPaz is a nice place to visit, lots of shops without that "tourista" markup. The best beaches are better reached with a car. La Concha is affordable, old but decent rooms , and the beach there would be good for kids. They rent kayaks and snorkle/scuba stuff as well.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,018 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in La Paz

If I were to go back, I'd stay at Los Arcos, in a room toward the back to avoid street noise. I like the convenience of being right on the Malecon there.

MSP
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in La Paz

I just got back from a couple nights there. I think 4 nights would be enough for me. I like populated areas in moderation. If going to the Baja Sur, I do think it's a must visit place.

get the ice cream next to the multicolor polka dotted tree. (mid-malecon) REALLY GOOD. Good coffee/expresso next door too.

I'll second the Los Arcos nod. los arcos cabanas looked good too...Nice little green oasis in the city. These are in the city and not on a beach. They are across a noisy street from a polluted bay though. Great central location for walking to eating, market etc. If I'm not mistaken, laconcha hotel is on this same bay and may not be ideal for swimming...I could be wrong.

Bring your camera to the beaches to the north. They are pretty. Kids will run wild in the shallow warm water flats.

Espirit du santu island is supposed to be nice. It was too windy when we were there to go.

less expensive dinning than cabo. Go nuts on the variety of food choices.

Water didn't look nice for swimming in the bay there. I'd make the drive to the north beaches before getting wet.

Piece of cake.

my apologies for the poor grammar, spelling, etc.

5. Re: Visiting in La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 22, 2009