We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz or North of Cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
La Paz or North of Cabo?

I'm planning on flying into Cabo in December with a friend - my first trip to that region. I was originally planning on driving to La Paz from Cabo and spending a week there. I am not looking for the "resort" experience but am not a camper either.

As I do research I am starting to wonder if the beaches just north of Cabo, are just as nice as those near La Paz (and closer).

Any thoughts, advice would be appreciated.

The amount of information online is overwhelming.

Thanks!

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Paz or North of Cabo?

The beaches in La Paz are lovely, but out of town which won't be a problem if you have a car. By north of Cabo do you mean the East Cape (Los Barriles) or the Pacific (Todos Santos)? At any rate, distances aren't that far and if you have a car it would be possible to spend a few days in each area without doing that much driving. If you could let me know what your specific interests are, I could probably be able to make some suggestions...I'm a long time resident here.

2. Re: La Paz or North of Cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 13, 2009