We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

My husband and I have been travelling through Mexico for the past 3 weeks, and hae had a great time, but are exhausted. We are plannign on spending the last week in Baja, and I think La Paz sounds like our style. Out of the tourist crowds, a bit of diving, kayaking, and a lot of beach time. Can anyone recommend a hotel that would be quiet, clean and a peaceful place for two honeymooners to prepare to re-enter the real world?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
La Paz
La Paz
Baja California Sur, Mexico
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

I was in La Paz for three weeks at the end of last year. I looked at rooms at several hotels while there. I ended up staying at the 7 Crown on the Malecon. It was very basic, super clean, walking distance to everything (including the language school) and they gave me a really great rate since I was there for 3 weeks.

But I loved the rooms at the Fiesta Inn. It is about 1.5 miles away from the Malecon, but they have a shuttle into town. It is brand new and feels very deluxe yet the rates are very reasonable. If I were in your situation...I'd stay at the Fiesta Inn.

Have fun!

PS: It is especially cold and foggy in The City right now. I wish I were in Baja.

~S

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
traveller20074
Level Contributor
149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

I don't know if you have found a place yet, or not, but we just came back from La Paz, and the 7 Crown was an awesome hotel for American prices, you get absolute luxury. Quiet on the 5th floor (top) and the restaurant was very good as well. I highly recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
traveller20074
Level Contributor
149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

PS..the weather down there right now is scorching. 99 degrees, with a heat index (feels like) of 115. I've never been so hot in my life....

4. Re: quiet honeymoon hotel in La Paz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 07, 2009