We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Ensenada?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London, England
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Ensenada?

Myself and 4 other 18 year old females will be visiting Ensenada for 4 days this August. We've never been to Mexico before, so have an open mind as for things to do - anything fun, interesting and not too expensive is good enough for us! What is the beach like there? The shopping, nightlife? We're staying at the Ensenada Inn Motel - address is: Av. Sangin��s # 237, Fracc. Playa Ensenada, if that's of any help. Thanks a lot.

Ensenada, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Ensenada?

Ensenada has enough night life for a few nights and losts of good food. For night life, there is Hussongs Cantina(114 years and never remodeled, Papas and Beer and several others. For restaurants, the best and oldests is El Rey Sol Restaurants, a must for the best food and reasonably priced for the quality. Visit the Bufadora, a huge sea geyser on Punta Banda, the best vineyards in Mexico are nearby. Ensenada is on a huge bay with the beaches south of town, try Estero Beach Resort. Check the www.EnjoyEnsenada.com and EnsenadaExperience.com sites for more info.

Pasadena, Ca
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Ensenada?

Also check out Las Rosas hotel. Go there for a drink and sit out by the pool. It's very nice! It's right before you get into Ensenada. As well, if you take highway 3 up the hill you'll see some nice restaurants up there and wineries. It's a wonderful little village. Let me know how it worked out for you. I'm sure I can think of some other tips.

Best regards,

Eva Suzuki

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Ensenada?

Ensenada is a reasonably safe place to party and have a good time, which makes it a popular destination for cruise ships and bus tours.

There is much more activity (shopping/partying) in the tourist zone along Ave. Lopez Mateos between the river and Ruiz when the ships are in on Wednesday, Thursday, and especially Saturday. Other days are realatively quiet until the evening.

Papas and Beer is very popular with tourists and locals for drinking and dancing. Hussong's is more laid back.

Depending on when you plan to be here in August, there are a number of events that may interest you listed at www.ensenadagazette.com/events.html#august.

Because Ensenada is a port city, the best sandy beaches are located either north (near Baja Seasons Resort) or south of the city (Estero Beach) http://www.hotelesterobeach.com.

Northern California
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Ensenada?

Sandra021,

Find the site www.gringogazettenorth.com. They are an excellent source events in the area. Also, upon your arrival watch the telephone poles and and kiosks for some of the latest happenings. You are looking for the advertise of the event on posters. I just returned from Ensenada 07/17/2005 and found that between the site, the GGNorth paper found near thrifty Ice Cream on Lopez Mateo, you will find more than enough interesting events happening. Before I left I went to a "Free" beach volley ball tournament and a 'almost Free' ska and punk concert. Each of them rocked! I just missed the bull fight. (Everyone must experience at least one.) While there I took in a local art exhibit and a Tomato/ Wine also free. The best part here was food tasting from local upscale restaurants and an excellent band called Free Sound. They played every music style from the '50 - '90 and had the dance area packed! Anyway have fun. If you don't like your hotel, switch to the Hotel Del Valle. You will love them. They are price around $40-50. If you stay is very long, make sure to negotiate for a better daily rate. :0 Anyway, I hope this helps...

Boston
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Ensenada?

Hey Sandra,

I will be in Ensenada with two friends from August 12-14. We'll also be looking for fun, affordable stuff to do when we're down there. If you're visiting during that time, perhaps we can party with your crew.

Let me know,

Jeremy

jerberens@hotmail.com