We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road closure in Ensenada

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Northridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Road closure in Ensenada

How long will it take me to get to Ensenada from Rosarito and vice versa? Will be going on May for the bike race, we are staying in Ensenada and driving to Rosarito for the race on Saturday morning.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

Depending on where in Ensenada and normal traffic- no more than an hour.

Edited: 7:09 pm, April 13, 2014
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

I just traveled the detour this past weekend, it took us about 2 hours Friday evening to get from Rosarito to Ensenada. It was hairy - too many semi trucks and BIG buses on that two lane, mountainous, windy road , however, Sunday morning at 8am was a breeze and only took us an hour and 15 minutes.

It was my understanding that the semis were supposed to using the Tecate border, but that doesn't seem to be holding true.

In years past, there has been transportation provided (for a fee) from Ensenada to Rosarito. One year they did not pick us up as scheduled from Hotel Coral and Marina, however the taxis were fully equipped with bike racks and took us straight away for a reasonable price.

It's a fun ride, have a great time!

Northridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

Will definitely have a good time... Thank you.

Northridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

Thank you.

Baja California...
Level Contributor
601 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

This time the Rosarito To Ensenada bike ride wont go to Ensenada ... it will go back to Rosarito

Baja California...
Level Contributor
601 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

BTW enjoy that bike ride becuase i think it will be the only time that the bikeride will be on the scenic road ... Enjoy !!! enjoy!" be caerfull and take lots of pictures :)

7. Re: Road closure in Ensenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 03, 2015