We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

Hi - our family if four is considering a night in Puerto Nuevo and a night in Ensenada this Thursday and Friday. Can we just show up and find a hotel or is it best to have a reservation?

If you suggest a reservation - we are looking for budget but clean. I speak Spanish and can call around but have had a difficult time finding places in line to call.

Thanks for your help.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

There really aren't places to stay at Puerto Nuevo. Rosarito Beach is 45 minutes from Ensenada. Puerto Neuvo is on the way. We live in Rosarito. From the Rosarito Beach hotel, Puerto Neuvo is about a 15 minute drive.

Because summer has begun, finding rooms on the weekend is not necessarily easy. If you'd like some suggestions, I'll be happy to make some. You have mail--top right of this screen, pull down menu under "Your Trip Advisor."

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

Hi -

Thanks for the info. Can't seem to see the mail on a smartphone. I'd love any suggestions on where to stay and the best time of year to go.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

pm me by clicking on my name beside the message and give me your email address. I'll send you a lengthly list of possible lodging spots--too much to post; it's an email I already have typed, and I'd rather send it that way.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

Right next door to Puerto Nuevo is the Grand Baja. I've had friends stay there, a weeknight runs about $69 per night. It's nice with pool, etc. http://grandbaja.com/english/ - reservations can be made online.

If it were me, I'd make a reservation. But if you are willing to roll the dice, I imagine you wouldn't have too hard of time getting a room on a weeknight, however weekends they might fill up.

Have a great time!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

I forgot to chime in regarding a hotel room in Ensenada - Our favorite hotel is Hotel Coral and Marina, which often has vacancies during the week but seldom on the weekend, especially during the summer, rates run anywhere from $103-$250, you can see their reviews on TA - many rooms are suites and the hotel itself has many amenities. Next favorite would be Las Rosas, which runs from about $105-$165. We've also stayed at Punta Morrow which is lovely - it's been a long time, but I think their rates run about the same at the other two.

If you enjoy wine, I highly recommend a trip to Guadalupe Valley, near Ensenada - it is not only beautiful but the wines and the food are amazing!

Have a great time in my favorite city!

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

Thanks All!

California Hot...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

I am currentlly in Baja and staying near Puerto Nuevo. We ate dinner at Poco Cielo and they showed us their hotel rooms. Very very nice. Check them out too.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

I've always wanted to stay at Poco Cielo - next to La Fonda, it looks terrific!

9. Re: Ensenada or Puerto Nuevo without hotel reservation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 19, 2014