We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for kids in Ensenada

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
1 post
Save Topic
Activities for kids in Ensenada

Yes, I am another vacationer with one full day off the cruise ship in Ensenada. I will be traveling with my 12 yr old and my 7 yr old kiddos over Thanksgiving. What activities/destinations are best for kids? Should I make arrangements through the cruise excursions or are there reliable (perhaps more economical) companies to work with directly. I would really appreciate any recommendations you have.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for kids in Ensenada

The organized cruise excursions are usually more expensive, but some find it more convenient to have everything planned out for them. You can also make your own tour with one of the taxis that park along the north end of Ave. Lopez Mateos.

One popular excursion is to La Bufadora (Blowhole or Buffalo Snort). One story about it goes something like... A century ago, within easy sight of the blowhole, there was a whaling station below the bluff close to the water's edge. One night the baby whale slipped away to explore a mysterious under water cave in the cliffs of Punta Banda. The following day the whalers in the camp saw small spouts rising mysteriously from the cave and heard the frightened sobs of the trapped baby whale. As years passed the spouts grew larger. Legend says that the spout accompanied by a tumultuous crash emerging from the blowhole today is the spout of the trapped whale's ghost.

Sea Lions, Gulls, Pelicans and others birds have learned that they can get a free meal by hanging out at the marina near the open air fish market, and begging for scraps of fish. The kids may enjoy feeding them.

In town along Lopez Mateos you can shop for souvenirs, have lunch, and maybe listen to some mariachis.