We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swine Flu scare?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Rancho Cucamonga
5 posts
Save Topic
Swine Flu scare?

Hi!

My friend and I will be on a cruise line that will be docking in Ensenada on November 4th, 2009.

My friend doesn't want to get off the ship to enjoy the day there because she thinks there is a swine flu epidemic there! Please give me information that I can pass on to her...I'm hoping that there is no reason to be concerned and that she doesn't miss out on a fun experience in Ensenada.

Thank you in advance,

cruising2gether

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swine Flu scare?

It's hard to believe we're still getting these questions!

The swine flu is in every country and is at almost epidemic levels in the U.S. On the other hand Mexico took extreme measures to combat it in the early stages and it is now almost non-existent. The Ensenada area was very lightly effected even at the height of the outbreak. You are a million times more likely to get the swine flu on the ship than anywhere in Mexico!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swine Flu scare?

I drive to Ensenada every weekend, spend time in the tourist area, eat at restaurants, and agree with PStreet1.

My wife is a Dr. there and has not seen one case.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swine Flu scare?

...agree with SteveMex

Rancho Cucamonga
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swine Flu scare?

Thank you very much for the response....it was exactly what I wanted to hear and pretty much expected to hear. This should relieve my travel partner friend as well.

Again,

Mucho gracias!

Rancho Cucamonga
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swine Flu scare?

Thank you very much for your response. This should relieve my friend and her family. I'm sure we will have a blast in Ensenada!

long beach
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Swine Flu scare?

I went to ensenada like 2 weeks ago, and going again the weekend of oct., 3 so you can die of almost anything than catching the flu there, is like everything. just go take precautions like cleaning your hands and u will be safe.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swine Flu scare?

We happen to be in the U.S. this weekend; I'm a lot more concerned about the flu in the U.S. than I was across the border--and even now, my concern is pretty close to 0%.

Ensenada, Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Swine Flu scare?

In behalf of my imcopetent governemnt, i apologize for the whole swine flu shirade.

The guys in the chairs have nothing better to do..

Even today, after all the scandal, I have not personally heard of ANYBODY getting the flu, none of my friends in all of the country have even seen anybody get it ... it's just an old joke no one understood in time

9. Re: Swine Flu scare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 20, 2010