We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego to Baja CA????? Please Help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
boston,MA
2 posts
Save Topic
San Diego to Baja CA????? Please Help

Hi Guys,

We(my husband and I) are going on a week-long vacation to San Diego, tomorrow. At last minute, now we decided to extend our vacation with 3 days in Mexico, Can anybody here advise what are the good places to see in Baja or NorthWest Mexico, within 100miles radius from San Diego?? We don't want to go too South.

Are there any bus-tours or any tours available from San Diego to Mexico??

Please Advise, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rhea

La Paz, Baja...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego to Baja CA????? Please Help

Yes, actually, you can go to Ensenada, Baja California, just 2 hours south of tijuana, Rosarito is also very nice and only 45 minutes from tijuana, When in Ensenada you can spend some time in there, La Bufadora a nice place to visit, try hotel Cortez at Calle primera in ensenada, ask the receptionist for some guided tours.... and there you go!

San Diego
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego to Baja CA????? Please Help

I would go to Ensenada (about 80 mile) - a larger town with lots of shopping and good food. Busses are available, but the drive down on the free road has many interesting sites and places to stop. The toll road is faster but, if you're not in a hurry, you're missing allot. Take the toll road to Rosarito (about 20 miles south of TJ), exit and drive through town, then continue south. Also, be sure to stop at Porto Nouevo for a lobster lunch on the way down. Be sure to get Mexican insurance - last exit from route 5 just before the boarder. Be sure to get full coverage at about $20-30/day.

Another posibility is Tecate - a small boarder town about 40 miles east of San Diego. Park at the boarder and walk across (it's about 1/2 mile) tour the Tecate factory, walk around the town square. There's a wonderful Mexican bakery about 2 blocks east of the square on the north road of the square. West onm this road is the main street with some local shopping. This town is very "non-touisty."