We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

London, United...
2 posts
is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

hi i'm thinking to go mexico in august just to relax and enjoy the sun and loads of drinks. i know its bad time of the year to go to mexico in terms of weather, but how bad is it really?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

Mexico is a big country, it would be more helpful if you picked a particular area you are thinking about travelling to.

London, United...
2 posts
2. Re: is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

around cancun/ rivieria maya

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,875 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

Not a 'bad time' to go at all....in fact, summer is our favourite time of year to go to this coast! The water is much calmer, there isn't the annoying wind there is in winter, and it is much more laid back and less crowded everywhere.

We have been to this coast twice in early August (and three times to the Pacific coast) and it was great every time.

yes it is hot but far from unbearably hot. I like it hot and prefer it in summer than in Dec- February when you could get chilly weather. Low thirties with high humidity is average. Make sure you have good A/C in the hotel room and shade available, drink lots, you will be fine.

It is hurricane season but they are quite rare- actually in the five times in August we have been we've had great weather with not much rain at all!

Edited: 4:34 pm, April 25, 2013
4. Re: is it a good idea to go mexico in august?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 27, 2014