We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Carribean or Gulf side of Mexico

uk
Level Contributor
729 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay Carribean or Gulf side of Mexico

We are planning a 2 week trip and want to stay at an informal all inclusive hotel - long beach to walk on - waiter service around the pool and beach if possible. We like a nice clean hotel, who does'nt!

Asking too much?

Ohhh does anyone know where we can see Manatees - we swam with them in Florida and it was amazing.

Many thanks and I know that TA people will come up with all of my answers as always :)

Jan x

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
cleveland
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Carribean or Gulf side of Mexico

HI there check out the Riveria Maya south about 1 hr from Cancun.Most of these resorts are all inclusive and are all on the newer side.Not all have waiter service around the pool but some do.Do you want adult only or family resort?I have been down there many time and do a different resort every year.Here are some I would are the best.

Adult only

Iberostar Grand

Valentine imperial maya

There are 3 Secrets resorts,Secrets Silversands,Secrets Maroma,Secrets Capri

The Royal suits by Pallidum

Family resorts

Barcelo tropical/colonial/palace(great beach)

Grand Pallidum(great beach also)

Iberostar Lindo/maya(Great beach and waiter service)

Ocean Coral

Dreams moroma This on is new opening in Oct but is on one of the best beaches.

This area has alot of different stuff to do you can swim with the mantees in Puerto Adventura this town is close to some of these resorts they also have dolphins and seals.At the Barcelo and Pallidum the water is calm and you can snorkle right off the beach.All of these resorts have swimup bars at them the adult only do have the waiter service.For some good info go to Apple vacations scroll to the bottom of there sight and click on E brocher mexico book then flip to the Riveria maya section you will get alot of info.Another good sight is Pallidumaddict.com go to maya riveria then scroll to web cams and you can see the resort live!This area is alot cheaper than the Carribean i have checked out alot of different places this is the best for your buck.Have fun we leave in 45 days and questions feel free to ask.

2. Re: Where to stay Carribean or Gulf side of Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, February 27, 2010