We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

here there and here
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

I wish Trip Advisor had a section for the worst restaurants in Selemiye near Bozburun Turkey

We went to one called the Aurora restaurant, which was recommended by a local guest house owner.

The place looked really nice and we had to book as it was very popular. with the tables on the harbour side near the boats and lantern/candle lit.

We were given our menus and we tried to order but were ignored, then we realised we had to go to the kitchen to choose our meal the owners parrtnet was very helpful, she ran through the various dishes.

We ordered our meal and waited, when it arrived 4 out of 6 of us had to return the meals as they were cold, and not particularly cooked properly.

When for the third time a member of our party had his meal warmed up but still not acceptable, the waiters started to ignore us, and the male partner came over and said what is your problem you English, you dont appreciate good food perhaps you would like some fish and chips!!!

We would describe ourselves as professional type of people who understands good food and wine and good manners.

Our friend really felt insulted and we demanded the bill.

The male owner then continued to rant and rave that his restaurant was the most popular in Selemiye and he was always busy with the yacht and boat owners, and he did not need our trade!!!

His wife then came over and started to be rude to us as well, Several of the diners looked up quite shocked to hear these good mannered actors turning into morons.

So, if you are thinking of going to this restaurant in Selimiye , dont.

Selimiye is a lovely gem of a small resort, and I am sure there are far better restaurants then this one.

we have since heard that other people had similar experiences and said they are an eccentric couple and pretty hot headed.

The owner is Turkish and his wife we think is German.

They cannot accept objective criticism of their cooking etc. and resort to insulting the customers that do complain.

So stay away - you have been warned?

5 replies to this topic
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

We had the good fortune to moor our boat outside the Aurora restaurant, with the help of the owner and his partner. We asked for a couple of beers and a light lunch. We chose a starter each which were both excellent. We booked for the evening and again enjoyed an excellent meal, being advised to have less than we had ordered, so no pushiness there. Service was excellent and meals were hot. In the morning we were treated to free village bread, delivered to our boat. Perhaps you should look to your own behaviour. Returned three times and still not acceptable. Was that really necessary? We can strongly recommend the Aurora to any discerning foodies.

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

We have been here many times and always enjoyed the very good kitchen and very nice atmosphere!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

Vi gillar verkligen Sussane och hennes familj. God mat och trevligt bemötande. Hoppas att vi kan komma förbi i år.

Exil af Ösmo/bernt

Edited: 8:30 am, June 16, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

Hello, I would like to begin with saying that I do not have any relation to the people you have stated. As I saw you have written that the dishes were cold, I wanted to reply. In the Aegean region, the most popular menu is Raki (Turkish Ouzo if you like) alongside with cold starters, you simply spend your evening eating little by little from your "meze". And most of the time you go inside to order meze, because they are presented in the cool interior. Meze varies, it could be a delicious paste made from 4 cheeses or marinated cold-served fish. If you want to have a big meal, you order meze, and after that you order hot food from the menu, or you ask the waiter... By the way, I am very sorry that you are treated in such a rude way, sincerely, just a friendly stranger passing by.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey

We ate at this restaurant on many occasions during our stay in Selimye and had fantastic food. The owners are slightly eccentric and a lot of fun and we always had excellent meals. Sorry you had a bad experience but I think you were unlucky. We are returning this year and I will be heading to this restaurant on our first night and can't wait.

Reply to: Aurora Restaurant in Selimiy near Bozburun Turkey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Selimiye
Recent Conversations