We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
53 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

We are a group of 5 going to land at around 7:30 pm. I've read that the airport bus costs around 150 THB. Do they still run at this time?

Are we better off in terms of cost, booking a van / car for 5 people? Do we need to book those in advance or are they easy enough to get at that time without prebooking. How much more expensive are normal taxis?

Another question regarding ferry (e.g. the 9am ferry from Ao Nang to Koh Phi Phi / Koh Phi Phi-Phuket). In general, is there any need to prebook ferries online? Will it give us a better price rather than going to tourist agents? I've read that the better companies will also bundle it with transfer to our accommodation. Is this provided with online bookings or is it only possible when buying on the spot?

Thank you for your help.

Edited: 10:44 am, May 30, 2014
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

You can get a car from the airport transport desk on the spot for 600 baht. No need to pre-book.

DO NOT pre-book ferries in Thailand. You can get ferry vouchers from your hotel desk. There's no price difference. They will throw in transportation to the pier.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

For 5 passengers you won't get a car for 600 Baht. Get a van for 900 Baht. Simply report to the transportation desk in the arrival hall. You can also take the airport shuttle running all the time for 150 Baht/Pax.

No requirements to prebook ferries. Purchase the tickets on the sport or ask your hotel to arrange it, with free pick-up at your hotel.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
53 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

An unrelated question, is there anywhere for me to easily get a dry bag in ao nang? Is 500 thb a realistic price?

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

They sell dry bags everywhere. You should be able to get a medium sized one for 500 Baht

LF

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

Have a look at Krabi Shuttle online. You can prebook a van. I think it might be slightly cheaper. You can book a return transfer and not have to worry about getting back to the airport. We always find them excellent.

Caroline.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

The 150 baht bus from the airport into town sucks, they pile the suitcases up inside so you can barely get out and the buses are old with asthmatic ac units. Do yourself a favour and avoid unless you are a cheap charlie who enjoys torture, also the drivers are mutants who have no idea about customer service or safety.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
53 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

I find the bus to be passable. About 15 minutes of waiting at the other terminal, but it stops right across my hotel. I find the drivers OK too. AC was a little cold though.

Nothing too bad

8. Re: Krabi Airport to Ao Nang, bus or minivan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 14, 2015