We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach front or does it not matter?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
beach front or does it not matter?

hi everyone, looking to stay at Green View Village resort which i believe it about a 10 - 15 min walk to beach and main shopping area. Are there shops, restaurants along the way or is it too far out. Have no issue with walking. Thanks :)

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beach front or does it not matter?

No problem, many restaurants and shops on the way to the beach. And the road the Green Village is located at, will be converted into a walking street from Fridays to Sundays with many street stalls, shops, etc.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
799 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach front or does it not matter?

I second the opinion by klongmuang.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach front or does it not matter?

This is just a personal opinion. I think you'd be better closer to the beach. A few years ago I.booked green view but a month out got cold feet and swapped for aonang orchid. I was so glad we did. When we went up the hill towards krabi town I saw the turn off for green view and it was really some distance away from the main centre. Much further than I expected.

On this recent trip we stayed at somkiet Buri. That is a reasonable compromise in that it isn't beach front, still about three blocks back, but reasonably priced.

It was raining a lot on our last trip and I even found somkiet Buri was a bit far in heavy rain.

Depending on when you're going there are often good deals on Golden Beach Resort on sawadee.com in low season it's excellent value. Great atmosphere on the front around this area.

Caroline.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beach front or does it not matter?

If an OP doesn't mind a 15 min walk, I'm not recommending him something close to the beach. Same if somebody wants to stay at an upscale resort, I'm not recommending an songthaew for transportation. Sure, if it rains, it's less pleasant, but than again it doesn't matter where you stay and rain showers here are usually short. Go for it, you'll like it.

5. Re: beach front or does it not matter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 22, 2015