I have been a Tripadvsior addict and it has never let me down with its hotel reccos and reviews. Now I am planning a honeymoon trip to Thailand in March 2014. Starting to book hotels and flights now since it will be peak season.
After doing my own research I've zeroed in on the south-west coast of Thailand. Still I've a few queries about the little details. If you guys can help me with them.
1. From Bangkok I want to fly into Krabi. But rather than staying in Krabi town, I was thinking of staying in Ao Nang beach as my first base for the other islands. Is this a good idea? Sounds better than staying in a town to start my honeymoon. How long will it take to go to Ao Nang beach from the airport?
2. Is Phi Phi worth a day-trip or a stay? Not very convinced about any of the hotels from the reviews here and there seems to be a lot of confusion with luggage ferrying and all. Please suggest.
3. I was planning to stay in Ko Lanta for a couple of nights. Should I stay more? Is it one of the better islands?
4. Which other island would you recommend in that cluster for a serene lazy three-four days in a good hotel? Since new islands emerge in Thailand all the time.
5. Do all these ferry transfers within the islands need to be booked in advance?
Too many questions but I know you guys always come up with great suggestions. Waiting for you expert opinions.
Thanks and rgds