We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

kolkata
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi guys,

I have been a Tripadvsior addict and it has never let me down with its hotel reccos and reviews. Now I am planning a honeymoon trip to Thailand in March 2014. Starting to book hotels and flights now since it will be peak season.

After doing my own research I've zeroed in on the south-west coast of Thailand. Still I've a few queries about the little details. If you guys can help me with them.

1. From Bangkok I want to fly into Krabi. But rather than staying in Krabi town, I was thinking of staying in Ao Nang beach as my first base for the other islands. Is this a good idea? Sounds better than staying in a town to start my honeymoon. How long will it take to go to Ao Nang beach from the airport?

2. Is Phi Phi worth a day-trip or a stay? Not very convinced about any of the hotels from the reviews here and there seems to be a lot of confusion with luggage ferrying and all. Please suggest.

3. I was planning to stay in Ko Lanta for a couple of nights. Should I stay more? Is it one of the better islands?

4. Which other island would you recommend in that cluster for a serene lazy three-four days in a good hotel? Since new islands emerge in Thailand all the time.

5. Do all these ferry transfers within the islands need to be booked in advance?

6. I want to finish the trip with three-four days in Bangkok. So where should I fly out to Bangkok from? Phuket doesn't look very exciting.

Too many questions but I know you guys always come up with great suggestions. Waiting for you expert opinions.

Thanks and rgds

Pratim

11. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, November 14, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi - I am leaving for Thailand in a week. When doing research, I looked at Andaman Adventures and was going to book a trip with them until I realized that Ao_Nang_Stu (the person who posted above) is actually Andaman Adventures.

Wouldn't recommend using a company that goes under an alias on TripAdvisor to promote their own business. Seems a bit sketchy to me. Also, he will push Pimalai at Koh Lanta....not sure why.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi - I am leaving for Thailand in a week. When doing research, I looked at Andaman Adventures and was going to book a trip with them until I realized that Ao_Nang_Stu (the person who posted above) is actually Andaman Adventures.

Wouldn't recommend using a company that goes under an alias on TripAdvisor to promote their own business. Seems a bit sketchy to me. Also, he will push Pimalai at Koh Lanta....not sure why.

Burnley
Level Contributor
122 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

we stayed at Sala Samui on chang mon beach It was lovely- we stayed in a Sala pool villa which is lovely for your honeymoon. staying at the centara at ao nang this time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hey,

We just arrived back from our honeymoon in Thailand a week ago.

We previously visited Thailand in May 2012 and based our choices around what we had experienced and friend's recommendations.

We flew in to Bangkok and then caught a direct flight to Koh Samui (Bangkok Air is very good and has lounges with free wifi and refreshments for all travellers) where we stayed for a couple of nights at Jungle Club.

I am still to write a review on Jungle Club but there are many available on here. It's pretty rustic but very peaceful.

We took a half hour ferry ride to Koh Phang Nang and stayed at Shambhala for 4 nights (see my husband's review http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g303907-d1931610-Reviews-Shambhala_Bungalow_Village-Koh_Phangan_Surat_Thani_Province.html)

We ferried back to Samui and caught another Bangkok Air flight direct to Krabi. Most decent hotels in Ao Nang will provide a free transfer from Krabi airport and the drive is around 30 - 45 minutes.

We LOVE Ao Nang, it just has a lovely vibe to it. there are plenty of things to do in the area and you can always just relax and have a massage - visit Nok in huts 5/6 on the beach past the Last Fisherman on the beach.

Last Fisherman is also good for a dinner overlooking the water with a bbq buffet available.

Make sure you check out Mr Cock's street bar, it's on the left hand side of the road as you walk up from the beach towards McDonalds. Mr Cock has been setting up his drinks stall in the area for over 20 years, and has a few plastic stools either side of the footpath. Drinks are very cheap and you'll meet some fun people. You recognise him by his stinking banana leaf cigarette and his unique "happy hour, happy hour" call!

We went on a great day trip - a snorkelling and sunset bbq trip on a longtail. This is run by the Last Bar in Railay (tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g159703…) but we booked it through a pink and white coloured tour company located in between Mr Cock's and the beach.

We paid around 1000THB each and had an amazing day - collected at 1.30pm and home around 9pm. There were only 9 others in the boat and the snorkelling is amongst the best I've done.

You finish with a dinner on the beach with fire-twirling and you cna choose to have a snorkel amongst the glowing plankton on the way back to the mainland.

Krabi Night Markets are worth a visit and Mr Krab-i is a great restaurant in the area. you can catch the red buses/trucks that run up and down the beach to Krabi for 50/65 THB pp

Railay is supposed to be absolutely amazing, you can only get to it by boat and is about 10 minutes boat ride from West Railay which is about 10 minutes drive from Ao Nang. We've since had a lot of people recommend Railay for honeymoons so probably worth a look.

We visited Phi Phi last visit for the day and felt that was enough. Maya Bay is beautiful but overrun with tourists.

We visited Phuket last time and after visiting Ao Nang we decided never to visit Phuket again - it's full of timeshare touts, pushy tailors and drunk Aussies.

For Bangkok we stayed with W Home - small but perfect! My review for W home should be up in a couple of days.

Hope you have a fab honeymoon!

Edited: 11:52 pm, November 17, 2013
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi Julaberry. Loved your post, but couldn't quite work out where you stayed in Ao Nang.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Oops! Ha, forgot to write about that part! On our first visit to Ao Nang purchased a voucher for Krabi Thai Village (through Cudo in Australia). This time we stayed at Cha-Da resort. Both resorts are owned by the same group.

They are sort of on different ends of the main strip of Ao Nang, and both are about 15 minutes’ walk from the beach. If you're not into walking or hiring a moped (we walked - it's a good way to burn off that extra booze and food!) you will need to look at something a bit more central.

We preferred Cha-Da, the staff were lovely and we preferred the pool area. KTV has a swim up bar and very large pool but it was very concrete-y if that makes sense. The views of the cliffs and the sea from Cha-Da was a lot nicer. If you do book at Cha-Da ask for a ocean view room and if you stay at either one and do not like hard beds just email ahead and ask them to add a padded topper to the bed. Cha-Da is smaller and a little more boutique.

A breakfast buffet was included in both and it's ok, it does serve up some unusual breakfast fare such as chicken nuggets but we really liked the omelette chef.

We enjoyed our stay at Cha-Da and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it but there are probably more romantic places right on the beach :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi,

I just realised I didn't reply to your actual post - my response is below :)

mumbai
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

Hi Surbi,

U can plan for Ao NAng 3 days and then KOh lanta which is more quiet :)

mumbai
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Honeymoon Trip: Seek your suggestions

I would suggest 4 island tour in Ao Nang

please check this -

…blogspot.in/2013/11/slice-of-paradise-krabi…