We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Ao Nang

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Ao Nang

We are a group of 6 people spending a week in Ao Nang over New Year (staying at the Centara Anda Dhevi Resort).

From what I can see, the place to hit for New Years Eve is the beach! (looking forward to it already). Looking for some suggestions please as to where to go for a nice dinner and drinks on the beach for New Years Eve .. want to be in the middle of the fun and celebrations.

Thanks in advance.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Ao Nang

Make sure your hotel does not have a compulsory New Years Eve dinner. There are numerous nice restaurants around your hotel available. It depends on what kind of food you prefer. You have a rich choice on the beach, i.e. with Sala Bua or Longtail Boat or up the hill at the Hilltop or Lae Lay Grill. All have western food, juicy steaks, Thai food or seafood. Further recommendations are Wanna's place or Carnivore for juicy steaks, Wang Sai seafood a few steps from your hotel. There are many Italian food places. You won't get disappointed.

The party is on the beach and during last New Years Eve the crowd along the beach was that massive, you could hardly pass anymore. Big fireworks on the beach and hundreds of hot air balloons, which I personally condemn, as they are littering the ocean extremely.

2. Re: New Years Eve in Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2014