We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

My boyfriend and I are going to travel to Krabi in the coming october for 3.5 days. Here are the plan of us. Can any of you help me to see if any change is needed? and all your opinions are really appreciated.

1st day -

reach airport. will reach Aonang at around 3pm (our hotel at AoNang)

After putting our luggage at the hotel, we plan to go to Railey Beach. How do we go there? and what activities can we have at Railey Beach?

In the evening (about dinner time), we will be heading back to AoNang Beach. How do we go back?

How much money do we need for this day?

2nd day -

We are going to Koh Phi Phi Island in the morning. What activities can we have there?

and should we take speedboat or longtail boat? What should we bring?

Then in the evening or night, we will go back to AoNang Beach again.

3rd day –

We are going to tiger cave temple, emerald pool, blue pool and hot stream.

How do we go there? and are they near to each others?

In the evening, we will be going to Krabi Night market.

4th day –

In the morning, we plan to go to PhraNang Cave. But we have no idea where it is and how to go there.

after that, We are still considering, whether to go to 4 Islands or Hong Islan, can you please give us some opinions? and, what can we do on Hong Island and the 4 islands. which one is more worth to go? which islands are included in the 4 island package?

In the evening, we will go to either Krabi weekend night market or aonang beach.

5th day -

we have to be at Krabi Airport at 6.30am the latest. that means we have to depart at about 5am. do we call taxi or what? I am worrying that the taxi driver may forget to come to our hotel to pick us. Any suggestion from you all?

Thank you.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

wow

lol

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Hi

Trans me too " wow" lol

Have a look at this links amazinglanta.com/how-to-travel-from-ao-nang-…

Activity

Swimming

Snorkeling

Eating, drinking, massage, relax. Whatever take your fancy !!

What to bring for Khiri phi

Sunblock, towels, change of clothes etc

How much money per day? I don't know its depends on your spending, eating and drinking habit. We spend roughly $100 each per hay. That's excluded braekfast, transport and tour.

Early departures for the airport book the transfers with the hotle you're staying for convenient and guarantee.

From what I read your plans I think you will need a holiday to cover this holiday lol.

Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Hi! I just came back from Krabi in mid August. Hope the following advises would be useful to your trip...

I joined a rock climbing class at Railey Beach. The spending there is definitely higher than Ao Nang because Railey is a bit isloated. Not many things to do at Railey, may be swimming & rock climbing.

You are recommended to join 1-day trip for visiting Tiger Cave Temple, Emerald Pool & Hot Spring. The one I joined was about 800 BHT. There are lots of local tour stores in Ao Nang. You can get as much information as you want.

I didn't join any island hopping trip. But I think Pra Nang Cave is one of the destinations in 4-island trip. What you can do during island hopping are swimming, snorkeling, sun-bathing & feeding fish. (That's why I am not interesed...)

Do you think you need to go to Krabi night market for 2 nights? If you are looking for some cheap & tasty food stores, you can find them somewhere near "Krabi Resort". Note that they are closed on Fridays. There are many good restaurants in Ao Nang, too.

I think you don't need to worry too much about money. Spending in Krabi should be lower than in Bangkok. Take myself as an example, I spent most of the money on enrolling local tours rather than shopping & eating!

Really recommend you to book a taxi online, especially your flight is leaving early in the morning. You can even book a round-trip if necessary. Take a look at krabishuttle.com or siamtaxi.com.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Hi CT,

Thank you for your reply. Can I know how much time had you spent on PhraNang Beach? or Railey? are they the same place?

and, about your Tigercave temple + emerald pool + hotspring, can I know what time did you guys depart for the trip and how much time you guys spend on each place? did you go to blue pool and crystal pool as well?

Is Krabi Resort at Aonang Beach? from the map, i found it to be there, but I am not sure. We will spend our day at Aonang Beach, too.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Oh..you're welcome :)))

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Hi sweetpea,

Thank you for your reminder for the items to be brought. Any other trip besides island hopping would you recommend? 100 australia dollar per day? or you mean other currency?

and, how do I book a taxi? booking online is more reliable or booking via hotel?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

No problem !!

Maybe a day trip to koh Kanta but to be honest you are cramping in too much in such a short period of time. Yes it is AUD.

for the airport transfers to and from I always used the hotel own service. When using the hotel transfers service you know they will be there ready for you on time. You don't have to worry about no show. But that's what I do.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

thank you sweetpea.

I will do some research on Koh Kanta later on. but, as i will be going krabi in the mid of october, so I am not sure whether are there any boat to go to Koh Kanta then. btw, u mean Koh Kanta or Koh Lanta?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Ops sorry typo I meant koh Lanta. Yes October is a gamble for island hopping. Koh Lanta is also in Krabi next to koh phi phi.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to spend time in Krabi, how much money should we bring?

Sweetpea.

after I browsed for some pics of Koh Lanta, wow, it really attracts me a lot! I would like to learn surfing too. but I have only 1 day. Do you think October is suitable for surfing in Koh Lanta? and I have only 1 day time.