We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

Can anyone tell me the best excursions to do in Krabi and where to book them?

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

4 island tour, Thor Bor kayaking, emerald pond, hot stream, etc. There are so many you can fill an entire week and you'll find booking stalls in Ao Nang every few meters.

2. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 am, January 13, 2014
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

I've lived in Krabi for 12 months now and I always go to this lady for my tours (in the video below). I've done about 15 tours through her and I have never been disappointed. She sells good tours with reputable companies (some companies pack loads of people into boats and buses, have guides with poorer English and have food of a lower standard. Generally you find you get what you pay for: Pay a bit more and you get better quality all round). I'd highly recommend talking to her, she speaks great English and gives very good advice. She also does motorbike/scooter hire & I guarantee you won't have a problem going through her. Having a scooter makes it a lot easier to get around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oASdD_GcXA

Tours- the Emerald Pool (which you can do with either elephant trekking or Tiger Cave Temple included), Hong Island & 4 Island Tour would be my pick of the bunch. Kayaking in Thalene Bay is also great. And Railay Beach is also very nice and easy to reach via longtail boat from Ao Nang. Nosey Parker Elephant Camp does a good trek and you can feed the elephants and watch them swim in the river there too. Tiger Cave Temple is a must if you don't mind a bit of exercise and you could do that on your own if you have a scooter.

There is plenty to do here

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

We did the snorkling on Phi Phi islands tour with Phi Phi Tours. It cost 1800 Baht each & that included hotel transfers, lunch & drinks all day. They provide snorkel & mask also. We stopped at 4 locations including Meya Beach where the movie 'The Beach' was filmed. This company will only sell tickets per seat on their speed boats so you can rest assured the boat won't be overcrowded. We saw cheaper deals on offer but were happy to pay a little more for no overcrowding though. We also did the Safari Elephant 1 hour trek - if you book the last trek of the day you can also swim with & wash down the elephants in the river with them. A fantastic opportunity. If you're looking for a massage on the beach, head down to where the beach huts are & pick hut number 10! Great people, great massage. 250 Baht for 1 hour Thai massage & 300 Baht for 1 hour Oil Massage.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

reposting my reply here from another post

I think I spent almost 2 months now looking through every possible tour company I can find, I looked at your Krabi and JC Penny tour, and sea kayak and I have finally found a tour company that I will be going with, they are called krabi caveman

( they only have 5 reviews on trip advisor) but if you notice all 5 are excellent, also the communication with Mel is impeccable I hear back from her in 24 hours, and his prices are really great 1200-1500 for a full day tour and according to reviews they offer the best Bor Thor Kayaking - I am booking with them for Bor Thor and Au Thalene and a trip to the Hongs, in first few days of July. Its so refreshing to have someone who replied to u so fast and who is honest with their pricing,

I have noticed that a lot of companies online don't provide the actual service themselves - they basically are booking agencies. When I contacted Your Krabi and then I asked her to provide me the agencies they used they did but I couldn't find a single review on 3 of the 4 they provided, which ok I understand because not everyone has access to a computer and can have a website but surprised not a single review on trip advisor, and when I mentioned this to the women she was so so rude to me, all I asked her why was there no reviews online?

Krabi Caveman can find review here and below the review is an email 2 contact the person I am only going on their trip in July but from tripadvisor and this review they look great http://www.krabicaveman.com

6. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 15, 2014