We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
393 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

I am planning to visit krabi in May. Planning to stay at aonang beach and kindly share with me railay beach info.

During May is off peak season to railay and any advise on longboat and can I walk around railay in half a day? Thanks.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,018 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

Railay is a small strip of land, almost like an island but still joined to the mainland but only reachable by long tail boat. It will take you less than an hour to walk around Railay, there's not much there apart from accommodation, some restaurants and a few bars. If the seas aren't rough then you can get a long tail from Ao Nang to Railay easily and it takes around 15 minutes.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
393 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

Thanks cassnu for the railay info. I am interested with beautiful scenery for photos. So I understand there are 2 scenery view point at railay and also phra nga beach at the south which provide some scenery photos opportunity. So I would be able to walk around in an hour including climbing up the viewpoint at railay?

Another clarification is the longboat, as I understand we need to wait till the boat is full only it will start the journey but what is the advise during month of May since it is off peak season as I worry I can't find any boat back or have to wait a long time to return back to Aonang beach from railay beach. Thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
393 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

The beach at the south of railay is pranang cave beach looking at the map. I am sorry not phra nga beach. Not sure whether it is worth a visit.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
393 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

WOW railay and phra nang beach at railay is rated top beach in Thailand and also top ten beach is asia in TA. Did some research and reading e.g. wikitravel etc and notice that the trekking from west to east railay take 25min and then from east to phra nang beach take around 15min. The climb to the viewpoint at the east take around 20min to walk up. There are another logoon which I am not clear of the path.

If anyone can assist on the trekking.

1) How's the trek condition in railay? Some say easy and some say tough for the lagoon trek.

2) How long to walk around railay covering all attraction with some meal break and drink? I believe half day would be ideal if anyone did this before.

3) I saw many photos at TA and google and notice most people trek to viewpoint at the east where the lagoon located along the way. Anyone trek to the viewpoint at the west? Any guideline on the path entrance?

5. Re: Beautiful rai lay beach advise during May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang