We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

I will be in Krabi in April and is looking at Holiday Inn Ao Nang as a place to just eat, sleep, and relax. However, sheraton or other secluded resorts north of Ao Nang is tempting me. Even Anantara in Trang is calling me out. hehe :D

My question is, how secluded is sheraton or the anantara in Trang vs. an Ao Nang environment (of food and shopping choices around)? Would there be walking distance dining options if i choose sheraton or the anantara?

Or are there better options than sheraton in Klong Muang beach around 4K bhat per night ?

I don't think i will be doing boat tours as i am travelling with a two year old so a good resort on a nice non-crowded beach with a good scenery is what i am looking for in krabi.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

hi just out side the sheraton there is the option of a few restaurants ,mini mart and the like but nowhere near the choice of ao nang .

with ao nang just a 10 minute shuttle / taxi ride away the sheraton would give you the better beach area with ao nang close by to go into when you want a change of scenery.

sorry cannot comment on the trang area.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

I wasn't a fan of Krabi because I like a nice hotel within walking distance of shops and restaurants and we found that the best hotels all needed a taxi ride to get to Ao Nang. We stayed at the Sheraton and there are a couple of restaurants outside the hotel, the one across the street was very good but that was about it, we usually got the hotel shuttle bus into Ao nang and got a taxi back, you also couldn't swim in the sea because of rocks but I understand they've solved this problem now.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

I am just back from staying in The Sheraton. I would say there are quite a few excellent restaurants outside the hotel. The beach and hotel are in a good area not built up or overcrowded. The pools are also excellent Ao Nang has a lot of hustle. i.e people trying to get you to into bars, restaurants, massages. Also it ws the first place in Thailand I never saw the peole smile! It takes 15 mins on the shuttle bus to get to Ao Nang and it is easy enough. It all depends on what you want from a holiday. If you want heaps of bars and restaurants, and busy beaches go to Ao Nang. If you want something a bit quieter but with a full Thai exerience go to The Sheraton

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

Thank you. I think i'll go for Klong Muang and just take a taxi to Ao Nang for other food options and souvenir shopping.

Would anyone recommend other resorts in this area at the same "level" or star rating of Sheraton?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

Didn't like the look of beyond resort. Very close to Sheraton. I'm staying at the sheraton and it was the right choice for us as a family.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

hi you could consider the nakamanda hotel or the sofitel phokeethera but i do feel that the sheraton is the best situated hotel in the klong muang area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

hi, we had stayed at the same property now known as the holiday inn.

it was a very popular hotel then esp. their pool access rooms.

nice sunset views too.

the beach outside nothing to shout about but it was a pretty property, as far as we remember.

India
Level Contributor
58 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

Any views on Amari Vogue Resort?

9. Re: Ao Nang vs Klong Muang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang