We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Life jackets on Long Tails???

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Life jackets on Long Tails???

Hi all!

We are wanting to do the 4 Island Tour when we come to Ao Nang in September.

We will have 2 kids with us and wondering if the Long Tail boat operators provide life jackets?? (We can all swim, but just a little concerned about safety for the kids)

And can anyone tell me how long the boats take to get from island to island?

And any recommended tour operators for the 4 Island Tour?

Thanks, Bec :)

Devon
Level Contributor
469 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Life jackets on Long Tails???

Hi Bec

Not sure about the life jackets, would certainly question their size as may just have adults not childrens. We are booked to do this tour with Andaman Camp and Cruise, we booked with Elizabeth and she responded to all questions very quickly, am sure she could put your mind at ease. They are voted no 1 on here, we are going in three weeks time, I will be sure to put a review when we get back but as far as the communications during booking I can see why they are voted so highly.

Lin

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
789 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Life jackets on Long Tails???

Thanks Lin, I have been in touch with Andaman and they sound really good :)

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Life jackets on Long Tails???

All longtails should carry life jackets by law and never been in one yet that has not had them in differing sizes, tho' how small not sure, but seen plenty of kids wearing them.

The 4 islands can be done quite easily by booking at the kiosks at either end of the beach, the board prices are shown for half/full day.

Only 15mins offshore, Poda being the biggest of them, popular for beach and sunbathing. Longtails are anchored up there providing kitchen facilities with snacks and drinks if you dont want to take your own.

Hire for the day and call into Railay and Phra Nang on the return, makes a good full day.

Eddie

4. Re: Life jackets on Long Tails???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 30, 2014