We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Phuket to Krabi by boat

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Topic
From Phuket to Krabi by boat

This will be my 1st time travel to Phuket & Krabi! Therefore, need some advise from you all..

I'm staying in Phuket for 3 nights and will move on to Krabi for another 02 nights stay.

I'm planning to go for island hopping from Phuket (maybe Phi Phi Island that near to Krabi) on the last day. Can I bring together my hand luggage to the boat as what I plan is to depart from Phuket to Phi Phi Island then straight return to Krabi. I believe that It will be more easy & save time. Kindly advise is this way work?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

Hi,

Possible and with hand luggage (people carry suitcases/backpacks on these ferries). Here are just two useful links:

http://www.chaokohgroup.com/ferry.html

www.andamanwavemaster.com

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

Thanks a lot for your kind info. Will go through the website accordingly.

Any good place for Krabi?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

Hi,

As you suggested earlier Koh Phi Phi but Krabi town is worth a visit for a night or so. Many visitors stay in the nearby town of Ao Nang or Railay.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
48 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

A couple of comments - first, if you just intend to spend a few hours on Phi Phi while you're in transit between Phuket and Krabi, think about what kind of bags you'll have with you. If you're just going to wait at the pier for the Krabi boat, no problem (you can definitely take big suitcases on the ferries and/or long boats - we just did it). But if you want to walk around and see anything, much more than a backpack will be inconvenient.

Second, if you really want to see Phi Phi, think about spending a night there. We were skeptical about it before coming but ended up staying a few nights (easy and cheap snorkeling trips, etc.)

We came to Ao Nang, which so far I think I like much more than Phuket. Much less aggressive, more laid back. I haven't been to Krabi Town proper yet, so I can't comment.

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

I think I will spend half day in Koh Phi Phi and it need to depend on the boat schedule as well.

The reason being, it will save more time as I no need to back to hotel to take luggage and take a boat to Krabi. Perhaps, you guys have other suggestion?

Sure, will find accomodation neat Ao Nang then. I'm really excited for my trip..

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

Ao Nang Cliff View Resort in Krabi- amazing. and cheap

Pune
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

We have taken phuket krabi tour by www.jctour-phuket.com.for feb where your luggage will be taken care by them and you will do four islands tour and not waste your day and get down at Aonang where they may drop you to your hotel( free of cost you can request them ) MR.Jesada JItjaroen who is very quick in response and will help you once you mail him your request . check this option also jctour-phuket.com/all_thing_to_do/phuketkrab…

8. Re: From Phuket to Krabi by boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2014