We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

staffordshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

Hi, does anyone know of a reputable scooter hire firm in the Ao Nang area? We are staying at the Nakamanda resort and spa in February which is approx 15 minutes or so from Ao Nang and we would like to go into Ao Nang on the evening for meals/drinks/massage etc and also have a bit of freedom to sight see etc.

Also, any good recommendations for food/massage etc?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
1,384 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
112 replies to this topic
Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
51. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

I just returned my bike to Motokrabi. Called him at 0914137811 and he came and picked me up, shows me the bikes, and off I went. Left a cash deposit only, no passport. Good bike, well maintained, and with a full tank. Only good things to say, I would definitely go back there next time I'm in town.

Mentioned in this post
MotoKrabi
MotoKrabi
92 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
641 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

We just got back from Thailand and had 3 days in Krabi in the Ao Nang area. Rented a scooter from Wan. It was small restaurant with a booth about a half block from our hotel the Ananta Burin. Cost me $200 baht for the day with no deposit, they asked for my passport and I told them "no way", gave them my license because I honestly don't care if someone keeps that, big deal as I can still get home. Went thru a full tank of gas just blasting around with the 2 of us on the bike, returned with zero hassle, the only thing they checked for was to make sure the helmets and lock were still under the seat.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Ananta Burin Resort
Ananta Burin Resort
700 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

Hi,

If i'm going to be staying in Ao Nang and have 5 of us renting 5 scooters from MotoKrabi, can we arrange for the bikes to be delivered to us?

Also, is it possible to leave Singaporean Currency instead of Thai Bhat? 3000THB is equiavalent to approx. $120 SGD - don't want to bring home so much Thai Bhat.

Where exactly is WAN located at? Can anyone tell me a landmark to look for so that I can find WAN when we reach at around 1700-1800?

Edited: 5:11 am, June 28, 2015
Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
MotoKrabi
MotoKrabi
92 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
54. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

I'm having this problem.. Wan scooter, we rented with the help of harvest hotel.. We are staying here now(4 oct 2015).. We'll be back on 7 oct.. Now, 5.07 pm.. The boss of the scooter rental will be there on 8.. And they told us to meet the boss by then.. Can u help?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

At Motokrabi any world popular currency is okay to leave as a deposit, including SGD, USD, EUR, MYR and others. Delivery is possible, for big groups we use car to pick you up. Phone is +66914137811, available at Whatsapp and Viber too. Cannot help for Wan company, sorry...

Mentioned in this post
MotoKrabi
MotoKrabi
92 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Wien
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

Motokrabi is the best choice you can make when renting a scooter in Ao Nang! We spent a lot of time trying to figure out which company to chose, and fortunately found information about Motokrabi on the net. Owner is a straigthforward Russian guy who speaks very good English. We paid 200 baht/day and he only requested 3.000 baht of deposit for a Honda Scoopy plus a copy of our passport (he only took a picture of my passport), while most of the rental companies would either request to keep your passport or a deposit of even up to 50.000 baht, which is ridiculous. The owner even picked us up at our hotel and gave me a ride back once i returned the scooter. Scooter was in very good condition including the tires (which is not very common when renting scooters in Ao Nang). Would definitely recommend him!

Mentioned in this post
MotoKrabi
MotoKrabi
92 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

Hi

Do v need a international licence to drive a scooter in Thailand? Or a Indian licence will do?

Thanx in adv for the help 😉

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
58. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

Where can you rent a scooter without leaving passport, we cannot find anywhere in Ao Nang

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
9 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

At MotoKrabi +66914137811

Mentioned in this post
MotoKrabi
MotoKrabi
92 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Liège
Level Contributor
24 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang

At Mr KORD, road to Mc Donald, right side around 100 m from the beach.

On this topic, I leave report before.

Reply to: Scooter Hire - Ao Nang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted