We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poda and chicken or bamboo island?

greece
Level Contributor
383 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
poda and chicken or bamboo island?

hi

i will be staying in ao nang and i have time to visit only one of the 2 islands.Iknow that you can visit babmoo as a part of a tour for half an hoyr bat thas not enough for me.

I am only interested in the beaty of the place, lush vegetation and beautiful beach and i am only going to snorkel for 1/2 an hour.Which island should i choose.

if it is prety much the same i can visit poda that is so much closer to ao nang.

thanks

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: poda and chicken or bamboo island?

Chicken is much better for snorkeling than Poda and almost as close (5 minutes between). Poda has a much better beach. You can take a daytour to either by longtail so why snorkel just 30 minutes? Bamboo has both a good beach and reasonable snorkelling but is at Phi Phi so much further away, 45 minutes by speedboat; typically visited as part of tour to Phi Phi

Edited: 12:23 pm, November 22, 2011
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: poda and chicken or bamboo island?

We hired a longtail on the beach for 5 hours & went to Poda, Chicken & Tup. Fantastic 5 hours, had lunch on Chicken Island & good snorkelling also at Tup. Here are some photos of the trip.

http://tinyurl.com/6yykuzz

Cathy

3. Re: poda and chicken or bamboo island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 24, 2012