We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

longtails for railay?

greece
Level Contributor
384 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
longtails for railay?

hi

i am staying at ao nang early december and i will like to visit railay on the first day of my arrival .i will arrive at the hotel arount 1pm.

how often do longtail leaves for railay?

how much does the trip lasts?

what time is the last boat leaving from Railay?

what about the colors of the longtail boats and the tickets for return?

thanks

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: longtails for railay?

Longtails from ao nang to west railay run from around 8am to 6pm. The last leaving railay around 5/5.30pm ( i think).

The journey is 10-15 mins and costs 200baht return. You buy your return tickets at the longtail ticket office in ao nang.

The boats leave when there are a minimum of 6 passengers, so there isn't a timetable as such.

Hope that helps!

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: longtails for railay?

Is a couple were to stay at Railay for the sunset, drinks and dinner,mis it possible to get a long tail boat back to ao nang during the evenings? Like around 10pm or 11pm?

Thanks,

Jeremy

greece
Level Contributor
384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: longtails for railay?

you can take a boat from railay at night with a small extra charge per person,the only thing i dont know is how much time you should wait for some more people to get in the boat. as soon as you arrive at Railay you can ask at the little booth on the beach,they can tell you if 2 people are enough for the normal night ticket for sailing or if the charge is diffirent

4. Re: longtails for railay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang