We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Market in Aonang?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Night Market in Aonang?

Can anyone tell me if the night market in Aonang is on every night and where it is? Does it run along Beach Rd? I saw a Walking Street mentioned in one post.

Also have read about a weekend market in Krabi Town.

Do these two markets sell the same kind of things or is the Krabi Town market different?

Thanks,

Caroline.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Hi,

There are market stalls in Ao Nang on the beach road also local markets just ask a taxi driver where they are. I have been with a local but can not remember where it was but it was mainly food.

There are two night markets with local food in Krabi Town known as the night markets. The one near the river is heavily oriented to tourists and has food stands and outdoor eateries only. The one in the centre of town is a real food market, with lots of fresh fruit, fish, seafood etc. and some eateries offering very good local specialities, spiced Thai-style. This one is closed at least one night of the week - I think it's Monday night

Have a look at this link for the weekend market

blog.tourismthailand.org/EugeneTang/?p=13888

Julie

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Thanks. So - does that mean there isn't a night market strip selling standard stall type merchandise (t.shirts, dvd's etc) but more just food?

Edited: 6:43 am, May 12, 2011
Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

The night markets at Ao Nang are held on a wednesday night near the 7/11 past the boxing stadium and in Krabi town on a friday night. They sell food, fruits, veges, fish, meat, ready to eat food, clothes, jewellery, handbags, shoes, perfumes etc - vendors set up around 4pm.

There is also a ''night market'' store on the hill up around the corner from Beach Road just before the Siam Bank. Thats open every night.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Thanks GypsyGal - That is exactly what I wanted to know.

We arrive on a Wednesday at 6.30pm - so will go and have a look that night.

Caroline.

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Caroline also forgot to mention Walking Street - its at the very bottom of the beach road just before the bend heads up the hill towards the Bank, Subway and Starbucks. Theres really nothing different to buy than on the main beach street shops but prices are a little cheaper here. On the beach road its just near the icecream shop (Haagen Daas I think) - nice for a wander around but you will get better bargains at the night market - bought a lovely blouse for 50bht and baby jumpsuit sets for 20bht each.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Thank you so much.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

acctually, the walking street, pretty short, pretty small.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Hi may i ask if Walking Street and Beach Road is at aonang or at krabi town?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

Every night along the beach road there are stalls set up in front of the shops selling knick knacks and the usual stuff.

brighton
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Night Market in Aonang?

I know the original person posting this will no longer be interested but just to bump this back to the front for others who may be: I've just been looking on Flickr at some great photos of the night market - I searched for 'Ao Nang Night' and then followed a stream by kewpie99 - really brilliant photos of the stalls.

If anyone is interested...