We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang or Krabi Town

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ao Nang or Krabi Town

Hi guys,

I will be traveling around thailand for a few weeks at the end of the month and ill be on the island for about a week.

Can anyone tell me if it would be better to go to krabi town or ao nang? I only have 2 days to play with, not enough time to see both places. so which ones the best ??

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,076 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ao Nang or Krabi Town

Hi,

Which island? Ao Nang and Krabi town are about 15km apart and for 50THB you can take one of the very frequent Songthaews between the two quite easily, takes about 25 mins. Ao Nang is a nice enough tourist town on the coast with a beach, restaurants and a range of accomodation etc and Krabi town is a typical southern Thai town with banks, night market and shops for locals set on the river. Guesthouses are a bit cheaper in town, but Ao Nang is a lot livlier. Take your pick

cheers

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ao Nang or Krabi Town

Hi,

There is no beach in Krabi Town I would recommend Ao Nang as a base.

Julie

3. Re: Ao Nang or Krabi Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 01, 2012