We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Hi, I am going to Ao Nang, Krabi on the 10th of April with my daughter. A trip we've been looking forward to for a year now. Just heard that it's litterally flooding in the south of Thailand. Does anyone know how this is affecting Ao Nang , the surrounding beaches, possibilities for snorkeling & lovely trips with the long tail boats & kajacking. All these wonderful things we wanted to do when we get there>? Anyone?

A worried traveller.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Weather forecast saying it should normalise by the end of the week. Right now it's still horrible.

Norwich, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

How bad is it the weather now ???

We are also travelling to Ao Nang (Centara Grand Beach Resort) on 10th April. Does anyone know if this area / hotel in particular has been affected ???

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Read through the Krabi forums, and Phuket, you'll see how it is. Its been heavily discussed.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

I have been trying to follow the news as I am staying in Ao Nang for a week from the 14th April. I can't believe how much rain there has been. I have emailed my hotel (Haleeva Sunshine) to see how affected the area is, but no reply yet. I hope tourists and locals stay safe and the rain ends. Anyone with up to date info please post any news.

Thanks

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

The heavily affected areas are Nakhon Sithammarat and Surat Thani Provinces where there has been, and still is, significant flooding.

Heavy rain has been seen here in Krabi but without the extensive, wide area flooding seen in the afore-mentioned provinces.

Due to the adverse weather conditions, transport has been severely affected to and from Samui and Nakhon Sithammarat airport, plus boats services have been heavily disrupted, and cancelled - Phi Phi Islands have been also affected with rough seas stopping boats from doing their business. Krabi Airport has been unaffected, all normal and the roads are ok with localised, minor flooding, so drive slowly.

Tthat's the current status, rain here is easing up it seems as I write, forecast says we shall normalise towards the weekend.

Weather from the 10th - 15th April, no idea to be honest. I'd guess normal for that time of year.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Thanks for the info Videlslki.

We are also due to arrive on the 10th of april and was starting to worry it will be a wash out.

Fingers crossed.

Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Thank you so much videlslki for your detailed and thorough info. That was great to hear. I also keep hearing that it is suppose to clear up this coming weekend. So hopefully it should be pretty normal & hopefully beaches & sea somewhat calm again by the 10th of April.

Thanks again everyone for great respons.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Latest update from Krabi (Tubkaak Beach and Ao Nang) Thursday morning 09:15:

Rain has stopped, slightly overcast (at this very second the sun is actually shining would you believe...), no flooding in key tourist areas, transport all fine, airport has been operating as usual these last days anyway.

I would suggest that you are ok to travel. Weather is forecast to normalise as of now.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Are you at Ao Nang Krabi Now ?

Are you saying that there is shining at Ao Nang ?

Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roumers of bad weather & beach conditions..?

Dearest videlslki. YOu have no idea how happy yuou've made me by telling me this. You've literally brought the hope & the childish excitement back for our upcoming holiday!!! Just imagine we've been stuck up here in Norway with the longest & most snowfull winter ever & been so looking forward to this warm & sunny holiday!! And now we still are, Thanks! The hope is there :-)