We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on booking tours

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on booking tours

Hi,

Could someone advise if it's better to book tour online or is it better/cheaper to book it over there?

I planned to do island hopping/snorkeling (Phi Phi Islands) on the 2nd day and white water rafting + ATV on the 3rd day.

I'll be staying at Sunda Resort, Ao Nang. The trip is this coming week, btw.

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 4:44 am, March 03, 2011
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on booking tours

Wait til you are there, don't book online it will be more expensive. They are plenty of places to book in Ao Nang.

Cathy

Singapore
Level Contributor
219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on booking tours

I totally agree that there is absolutely no need to book beforehand. Wait till you reach Ao Nang. There are many agents to choose from. Make sure you really walk around Ao Nang to compare prices for the same kind of items for example= 4 islands tour. They do differ by a few hundred bahts charged by the different agents for the same things based on my own experiences.

Let me explain how the system works. The agents earn a commision from selling these tours from the various companies who will carry out the tours. The company will give them a fixed price and it is up to these individual agents to decide how much to make from the customers. Hope this answer your question.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on booking tours

Hi Pagodalover,

That sounds like a good suggestion. My friends and I are going to Krabi for a 4D3N tours this coming end March. Do you have any good tour agent in mind? I know this is pretty subjective but I am open to suggestion. Besides, do you have any idea what is the average price for a Islands Hopping (looks like 4 islands is the standard here)?

Thanks in advance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
219 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on booking tours

Hi, please refer to my earlier posting on this subject........ I will just copy this over........

(3) There are many agents at Ao Nang beach who will do booking for all kinds of activities. There is a half day or full day programme. To 4 islands or 8 islands. All up to you to choose. But be warned that each charge differently. So you have to be smart enough to ask around to compare prices for the same items. I did a full day programme from 9 am to 4 pm to 8 islands and I paid 1050 bahts. They will fetch you at the hotel and bring you out to the seas and then send you back to the hotel when the outing is finished. They use a speedboat and there are about 20 participants.

There are 4 islands= half day and 8 islands tour= 1 day. My view is that you stay open-minded. No need to specifically seek out a particular so- called 'good agent'. There are new players to this competitive market 'everyday'. Like I said b4, just walk around the stretch of Ao nang and you can easily find at least 10 such agents doing this same item.

Be careful when some offer a very special price for you, or just for you in particular. Maybe they said that to everybody.

Let me quote you my personal experince. My 8 islands tour was initially priced 1600 bahts by one agent but she said if I booked with her now, she give me a special price of 1300 bahts.

But I did not take up this offer and walk further. After further checkings with more agents, I got the best price of 1050 bahts from 1 agent. See the huge difference. Let me emphasize this price is for the same item. But I have to mention that the price also will depend on other factors like is this the peak season now etc, So I am saying this price which I have clinched is not guranteed but should be used like a reference.

All other activities to be booked should be checked out beforehand if you want to get the best deal. So your question of getting the price for any particular activity ..... you should just come to get it on the day itself you reach Ao Nang.

All my bookings with the agents are problem- free and they deliver what they promise. I am satisfied with their integrity and that is 1 of the reason why I highly recommend Krabi.

Hope this information can be of some help to make your Krabi experience a little more magical. I am sure you will enjoy Krabi just like the many of us who have found this place earlier........ (Remember to smile more bcos u r in Thailand= Land of the Smiles).

5. Re: Advice on booking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 24, 2012