We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weighing a trip to Krabi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weighing a trip to Krabi

My wife and 3 kids (teenagers) are weighing a 3-4 day stay in Krabi, following 3 days in Bangkok in January 2018. We have never visited this part of Thailand before.

I am seeking an objective viewpoint as to whether this is a good idea or whether a visit to Koh Samui would serve us better. Naturally we are into all form of water activities.

We like to stay in nice hotels/villa's (read: happy to pay UP for the right place).

Can any one assist please?

8 replies to this topic
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

Koh Samui will be in monsoon season in January so I wouldn't advise it, especially you are into water activities as the seas can be rough in KS that time of year. Krabi is a large area (a province) so probably best to narrow down where you want to stay, ie which beach so then you will get better advice on places to stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

Google things to do in Samui and Krabi and compare. Samui gets rainy from Mid October to Mid January. Krabi will be peak season mid december to mid january.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

I would look at top green banner things to do. Read reviews, look at pictures and decide.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

appreciate the feedback. will search for the 'right' beach. Looking for privacy, cleanliness and a nice place to put down for a few days.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

Check out Ko Lanta beaches.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

will do many thanks

Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

If looking at the water from beach red best beach is as far left as you can walk maybe 400 m next to all massage huts. There is short but steep trail that takes you to the beach at center a resort just sign book at security no cost . Monkeys galore on trail kids should enjoy. Centara beach is best.. Kllomg muang beach about 5 miles away is stunning.hope this helps

Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weighing a trip to Krabi

Sorry meant to say very few jet ski rental now

Reply to: Weighing a trip to Krabi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted