We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Mljet

Dublin
3 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation in Mljet

Hi, I am travelling to Dubrovnik in June and I'm torn between staying in Mljet or Korcula for a few days. Mljet looks beautiful, however there are very few comments on the accomocation there. Ideally I'd like self-catering apartment with a shop and beach and maybe the odd restaurant nearby. I'm not fussy but would really appreciate some suggestions! I won't have a car to travel around.

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

I am traveling to Mljet in October and would like to learn about accomodations. Were you able to find a good self-catering apartment or did you stay at Hotel Odisej? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

I'm going this august, so i'll write you about my expiriance about the accomodatin.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your advice.

Downpatrick, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

Mljet all the way!! The island is truly lovely. We went to Camping Mungos, as Babino Polje, and I saw a snake and a mongoose (supposed to get rid of the snake, but not working), and also at ulysses cave a short walk away, an octopus attached itself to my leg, so all-in-all, quite a wildlife wonder.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

@Holiday-Holic123 you was in Odisejeva spilja :)

It is an amaizing cave, i'd like it so much.

@Sjmasterson, I was in Ruža's apartments, they are comfortable, and clean. We had sometimes problems with showering, cause the house has more bathromes, so if more peoples ware showering in same time, there was a water preasure problem. This apartments are in Sobra, it's in the meaddle of the island. Defenitly you nead a car there. So if you don't have there is for rent. At my opignion the better part of the island is at Polače, National park, And places between this park and Sobra. On the oposite site, there are sandy beaches, they are beautiful too, but the bigger one is not so clean. I'd like more the smaller one called Saplunara. There are also appartments there. They are maybe better than Ruža's but you must pass all islind to get to the other side. I'd like Mljet so much, a saw almost everithing there, so if you need anything feel free to ask me ;)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

@krristin: Thanks for the advice! Can you walk from the ferry to Ruza's apartments or do you need a car? I want to rent a car for one day to see the island, but hope to walk or bike around on the first day.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

Yes you can walk from the ferry to Ruza's apartments, it's less than a kilometer, also only few meters from Ruza's house, there is rent a car company.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

@sjmasterson, are you on mljet now maybe :)

leganes
Level Contributor
36 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

Just back from Mljet.I took the Nona Ana catamaran service from Dubrovnik to Polace,inside the park.Some people waiting at the pier offering rooms and apartments,if not,there are many signs almost in every house,and a helpful tourist office,too.Don´t worry,impossible not to find something.Mine was a very cheap and well laid apartment.The village is little,only a one street affair,but have two markets and a good array of restaurants thanks to the many anchored boats.Every day I rented a bike and toured the park, trying hard to choose where to stop to swim,amid so many beautiful places,and there are a very good array of walking trails too,you can walk from the village to the lakes in a gentle and leisurely way,or go further through beautiful scenery.No need to rent a car to tour the park.No beach at Polace,although the sea is clean enough to dive,and when the crowd return to Dubrovnik the place is very quiet,ideal for a relaxing holiday,even a romantic no frills one.There is a one a day bus to Sobra,but is very early in the morning,and you can book a private taxi service if you want to catch the ferry from there to Korcula,numbers posted in the tourist office.

In the port there is a Park hut,where you can buy the ticket to enter( one for the total stay,you don´t need to buy one every day) and a map,and are very helpful.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation in Mljet

It sounds great :)

We have a different excpiriance, i guess you didn't rent a car, and didn't see other part of the island, oposite from the park. It's also nice to see, there are few sandy beaches. But however, i guess everyone who was there will agree that Mljet is beautifull everywhere, no mether on which part you are. It's only mether

you're there, enjoying ;)

Get answers to your questions about Mljet Island