We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

hey everyone whats the best order to visit these three, my sister and i are visiting my dad in june in bangkok so was thinking of flying to krabi staying there, visiting koh lanta few nights there then onto phi phi, however ive done a wee bit googling and noticed the ferry from krabi to koh lanta only operates in peak season, so can i visit koh lanta from phi phi by ferry? also recommendations on where to stay in koh lanta and krabi? preferabably in the main resort near all the action, bars clubs restaurants etc

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,082 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

Hi,

It doesn't really matter which order you visit Phi Phi and Lanta since you are flying into Krabi. You can travel to Koh Lanta by road if necessary and then back to Krabi town from where you can take the ferry to Phi Phi. The best place for nightlife on Phi Phi is Ao Ton Sai where the ferry boats dock. There isn't much in the way of nightlife in Krabi town and where it all happens on Koh Lanta I don't know.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

thanks for the info, will look into getting to koh lanta by road. just hope its not a 8 hour journey or something ridic, went to samui from phuket over xmas and nye and was a mission, i already have stayed in phi phi so know my surroundings there, its just accommodation in koh lanta and krabi i need help with, ill get googling

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,082 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

Hi,

Journey time to Koh Lanta from Krabi town is about 1.5 hours. If you are on a budget do note that there are a number of guest houses in Krabi town.

4. Re: visiting krabi, koh lanta and phi phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 16, 2014