We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Canazei

LA California
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Canazei

We will be staying in Canazei for 3 days in late August.

Will have a rented car.

Please suggest short 1 day tours to the main attractions: passes, lakes, cable cars, short hikes, etc.

Thanks.

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Canazei

As a starting point you have the option from Canazei to drive to all the major passes around the Sella massif.

From Canazei heading to Arraba you will go over Passo Pordoi; from Arraba to Corvara you will go over Passo Campolongo, from Corvara to Selva you will go over Passo gardena and then to complete the circuit you will go over Passo Sella and back to Canazei.

There are lots of options to stop at these passes and go for walks or even get a gondola to go higher up

There are lots of walks in this area. Have a look at the tourist web sites for Alta Badia, Val Gardena, Arraba and Val di fassa for more details of walks, maps, things to do etc

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Canazei

Hi,

As stated above, the drive planned out by "Easternpromise78" is well worth doing. I was going to suggest the exact same drive. That's 4 Dolomite Passes in an easy day. The Gardena Pass is our favorite. You'll also find a cafe/rest stop at the "top" of the Gardena and Sella Passes. You'll alos find places to pull over and walk among the peaks. You could also visit Bozen/Bolzano and the excellent "Ice Man" exhibit at the Museum of Archaeology. I'd take the route via the Eggental/ Val d' Ega. Along this route is the picturesque Lake Carezza. Brixen/Bressanone is another worthwhile old town to see in the area. Spending an afternoon or so in the beautiful Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi is another good option for walks and hikes.

Here's a few links to some cable car/lift schedules in the area:

Val Gardena:

valgardena.it/en/…page50.html

www.valgardena.it/en/lifts/page65.html

Alta Badia:

altabadia.org/en-US/lifts_alta_badia_dolomit…

Canazei, etc.:

fassa.com/EN/Lifts-opening-times-and-prices/

alpentourer.com/alpine_passes/south_tyrol/po…

www.marmolada.com/cms/en

Hope this helps.

Paul

LA California
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Canazei

Thank you both Easternpromise78 and pja60.

I am still doing my homework reading about the area and planning my trip.

4. Re: 3 days in Canazei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Province of Trento