We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Tyrol for winter family skiing?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
South Tyrol for winter family skiing?

We are now planning a winter skiing skiing holiday for the family (very different aged children!) and I've heard quite a bit about the friendliness of South Tyrol, the mix up of languages also benefits us and a bit more of 'Italian fare' when it comes to the food. We are currently looking at Alta Badia, the Sellaronda etc and looking for a good family deal. Being a more of a city person myself I'd like to visit Balzano too, if it's quite close by.....

2 replies to this topic
Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
754 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Tyrol for winter family skiing?

Hi Lucy,

Are you planning to book through a ski company or to go independently?

If the former then you could look at Esprit, who seem to have a good programme for families with childcare and activities! or for something less organised Crystal also have some good family deals I understand.

If you want to visit Bolzano then the Val Gardena is more convenient for public transport. From Alta Badia you can get to Brunico reasonably easily.

DD

Bolzano, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Tyrol for winter family skiing?

Hi Lucy,

if you want to stay near Brunico you can look at the Plan the Corones / Kronplatz ski area.

http://www.kronplatz.com/en/

From there you can get also easily to Bolzano (1h 40min train ride) with trains almost every 30mins or to other bigger cities like Innsbruck (Austria) or Munich (Germany). There are bus rides for a day for about 20€ (day and return).

Best,

Sabbi

Reply to: South Tyrol for winter family skiing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of South Tyrol
More Province of South Tyrol Topics