We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolomite hiking

Wexford, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
dolomite hiking

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can share some of your experiences regarding hiking in dolomites this july?

Both my husband and I are flying into munich and driving down to the dolomites. we're not sure which area to stay in that would offer the best hiking experiences? We're not rock climbers by any means, but we are regular hikers. We are looking for I guess some help on where to hike to get the best from our limited time. We have 3 full days and if we can we will try and hike a small hike 2-3 hrs on the day we leave. On the full days we would like to hike anything from 5-10 hrs a day, and see as much scenery as we can.

Can anyone recommend an area to use as our base, and if possible suggest a hotel/b&b in that area and particular routes to hike (hike with trails, not ledges to climb as unfortunately i'm not the bravest with heights)?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Sharon

2 replies to this topic
San Lorenzo di...
Destination Expert
for South Tyrol Dolomites
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dolomite hiking

Hallo Sharon, great to hear that you want to come and experience our Dolomites. You’ll see you won’t regret it.

Where is the best place? That’s probably a bit difficult to answer, there are many opinions about this. Best way I reckon is to have a look at it for yourself. So get onto google map and do some street-viewing. So you get to see a great deal of the landscape and the mountains here.

Do your tour in San Vigilio di MArebbe, Corvara in Badia, La Villa, Selva, Ortisei, Siusi and Castelrotto, then you should get a good feeling for yourself. Try also Passo Pordoi, Passo Falzarego – great pics!!!!

In regards to accommodation I suggest you get onto the tourist information websites of the various villages and have a look for apartments where you can prepare you own meals if you want to. These places are normally open all year round!

All places a great to start your hikes into the mountains.

Let us know if you need some more help

san francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dolomite hiking

A few months ago, I saw a website of a husband and wife who guide great small groups on hiking trips in the Dolomites and I think it was a September trip

If anyone knows their website, please advise as I cannot find

Thanks

Reply to: dolomite hiking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of South Tyrol
More Province of South Tyrol Topics