We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

boston, ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

Hi!

My husband and I are staying at Passionate Pelican for 2 weeks in early June, and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good jeep rental that might meet us at Deadman's Cay Airport.

I have been quoted a sedan rental rate of $55/day from one source, and a jeep rental rate of $350/week from another source, but that rental comes with a $100 deposit and a $40 each way pickup fee.

I think the pickup fee is a tad exorbitant. We like to drive to every beach on the island, so a 4WD or jeep is a must for us. Any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

Hi... we are off to Long Island for Christmas and I am trying to get a jeep to hire.... any chance you could let me know who rented yours from? Thanks

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

It sort of depends on what part of the island you are staying at. If north, I'll let someone else advise you, as I'm not that familiar with anything north of Salt Pond. From mid-island south, I'd recommend Unique Wheels Rentals in Clarence Town. They are fairly new, but they have a good selection. Their web address is http://uniquewheelsrental.net/

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

bahamas
Level Contributor
279 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

Stan's Car Rentals in Millers if you are in the North. Variety of cars, including van for 8 or 4wd in addition to sedans.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

Hi. We rented through the manager of the villa, Nancy Arangil, but the car rental place was Unique Wheels Rental in Clarence Town, Long Island. It was a good experience. The car was a jeep, and worked great. Perfect for the back roads of the island. By the way, don't miss the beaches on the other side of the Diamond Crystal salt flats ... Absolutely spectacular. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Long Island is one of our favorite Bahama out islands.

Plymouth, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

Unique wheels rental is where to book your car rental.....I just spent the last 30 mins calling places on the island for rentals.....This place is the cheapest by far........Got quoted $500 for a week with Mr Ts for a jeep and only $375 from here....They have exactly the same jeeps as well.... and also they provide a free pick-up and drop-off to the airport....

16. Re: Car Rentals on Long Island, Bahamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 19, 2014