We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Out-Island Choice

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
New Out-Island Choice

I love Eleuthera like it is my own home, but would love to experience another out-island with great beaches, like eleuthera. Any suggestions for a girls get-away week?

New Providence...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Out-Island Choice

I noticed that you posted this on the Long Island forum so I'm guessing you're intrested in that location. It's a good choice but keep in mind it's similar to Eleuthra in that it's laid back and quiet, not much excitement. You can try Cape Santa Marie (North) or Gems/Lockabar/Winter Haven in the south. Also look a Exuma not sure about storm damage there. I think Sandals plans to or is already closed indefinitly for repairs.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Out-Island Choice

OhioBeach- can you be more specific about what you like to do on your girl trips? I think that would help people (and there are some very helpful ones on this forum) familiar with LI give you an opinion of whether or not your expectations are a good match with the island.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Out-Island Choice

Choose Exuma if you want your island to be a bit more developed with more activities vs. Eleuthera.

Pick Long Island if you want your island to be less developed with less activities vs. Eleuthera (even more secluded).

Both options have beautiful beaches that compare to Eleuthera. Cape Santa Maria might be the best Bahamian beach of all. Obviously, everyone has their own favorite.

ny
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Out-Island Choice

We've been to Eleu multiple times, Abacos, Exuma and LI. In my opinion, LI is most similar to Eleuthera (with fewer choice of restaurants). Otherwise the two islands are similar. I felt the infrastructure, roads etc were a bit better on long island. The beaches are similar...with LI having slightly better beaches on the caribbean side as compared to Eleu. There are also quite a few nice rentals available (some nice ones on Wemyss which is centrally located). Another choice would be to stay at the Cape (which we love) but the location is not ideal since its on the northern end of the island.

5. Re: New Out-Island Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 pm, October 16, 2012