We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CSM Meal Plan--Help

Kentucky
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CSM Meal Plan--Help

Hello,

My husband and I are going to CSM in August with our 8 month old baby. We have been trying to decide if the meal plan is worth it because I do not eat seafood and he loves seafood. I also do not eat much. When I called they said that one person could do the meal plan and one could order off the bar menu since we would be taking it to go due to having the baby. However, when I called back another person told me that both of us have to be on the meal plan or not. Also, does anyone know if the 15% added to the meal plan is for gratuities or is it only taxes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CSM Meal Plan--Help

Also, since we have a baby we will be eating mostly at CSM. Thanks

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CSM Meal Plan--Help

There is not much by way of restaurants near CSM so unless you will have a car, you will likely be eating all of your meals there. Are you staying in a unit with kitchen facilities? If so, then fixing your own meals (say, breakfast or a quick lunch) will reduce having to depend on CSM meals, though I'm not sure if the difference in having a ktichened unit vs paying for the meal plan really offsets one another.

With such a young baby in tow, it may be easier to take meals at "home", so if the kitchen option appeals, this may be the way to go. The added benefit of having means to warm up and wash bottles or prep baby food may be worth it.

Is there anything that says you have to decide now whether to take a meal plan or juxt wait until you get there? This way, you can see the menu (it's quite small and not that creative, though ample variety for seafood and non-seafood lovers) then make your choice.

Do plan on getting a rental car for at least one day to go and explore the island. It is well worth it. And bring a car seat, as it will be hard to find one on the island.

The 15% added is the gratuity or service charge. It is customarily added to all restaurant bills in the Bahamas, so not necessary to tip further unless for spectacular service.

Enjoy CSM -- it is indeed a lovely place! We will likely be there around the same time as you, as we have a home nearby. Do bring some bug spray for the evenings, as the sandflies can be out depending on rain.

3. Re: CSM Meal Plan--Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 29, 2012