We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

I stayed at this property for 7 days early June 2010. Peaceful, airy, sunny, blue skies...these are the strongest memories I have of this amazing vacation spent in Slipstream/ Long Island.

The house is very well maintained and clean. Its inside and outside colors reinforce the nature surrounding this piece of heaven. The house comes with two double person Kayaks which are great to explore the near shores.

Although there is no air conditioning, the fans spread around the house does the job well. The kitchen is well furnished and the middle building, where the common area is set, is a great place to hang out to eat and drink with friends. And when you want piece and quiet, just move on to your wing, where all the bedrooms are private and well kept.

I advise to rent a car so you can explore other areas of the island and make your trips to the grocery stores. Also, you can't miss a visit and a jump into the blue hole! absolutely amazing!

The beach where the house seats on, is basically yours only, and we could not help but go skinny dipping everyday. I highly recommend this property and can't wait for my next vacation there! I extend my compliments and positive review to the helpful staff that were available to help us with anything we needed. Cheers to you!

Mentioned in this post
Long Island
Long Island
84 Reviews
Long Island
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Slipstream is AMAZING. A truly magical place. Far away over the seas. White sand, slow breeze, blue skies.

We flew in on the hot and crazy bahamas air flight and stopped at Max’s Conch Bar for some kicking conch salad and ice cold Kalik beer before heading to Slipstream. Layers upon layers of stress just melted away as we walked right through this beautiful house onto the beach. Bikini on, pink coral under foot, job done. Fresh fish every supper time, the starriest skies, the quietest days.... We spent a great afternoon at Cape Santa Maria on the Northern tip of Island, another afternoon and a very scary but brilliant swim across the Blue Hole in Scrub Hill. Scuba diving, great fishing, endless snorkelling, lots of skinny dipping..............

This is a wonderful house on a very special Bahamian Island. I cannot wait to go back.

Edited: 3:47 pm, August 27, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas
Cape Santa Maria Beach...
718 Reviews
Long Island
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Interesting -- 2 first-time posters in the same week, reviewing a house that has been blasted on this and other forums....

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Hi Nashpam, that is because jae39 and I shared the house for our vacation, and since I found the house in trip advisor, I asked her to write a review as well so it could benefit other travelers like us. Hope this makes sense to you now :)

Cheers!

ny
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Thanks for posting - Loved long island and the beach you are refering to. Pure paradise.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

I was at Slipstream in Oct 09. I got to Long Island and knew I was a long way away but when I got to Slipstream I felt I'd arrived. Quiet, secluded and comfortable without being in any way over-ritzy.

Mentioned in this post
Long Island
Long Island
84 Reviews
Long Island
Brighton, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

As close to a Bahamian way of life as a tourist can get.

I've been to Long Island a couple of times and stayed at Slipstream each time. It's truly a getaway from it all kinda place. Mobiles don't work and that's the whole point - you're getting away from everything and everyone. Peace & quiet. Time for fishing, snorkelling and enjoying the weather. We cooked in the kitchen and got take-out from Mario's. We explored the island and lounged around the house, gardens and beach. It's up to you, it's what you make of it.

If you don't have a good time in this place you probably won't have a good time anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Long Island
Long Island
84 Reviews
Long Island
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Wow, all these first time posters...amazing!!

Penrith, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

Yes we loved it too - just thinking about rebooking - for us it was something quite unique, lovely house right on gorgeous beach, away from it all, seemed like paradise to us... can't wait to go back and that will be our third visit.

Bridport, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

We absolutely loved our stay at Slip Stream. As soon as we arrived we instantly relaxed. It is a beautiful tranquil place, which is totally unspoilt. You are away from the hustle and bustle of normal life. It was great to enjoy such a wonderful place without crowds of people.

We stayed at Slip Stream with a large group of friends, which worked really well. There was enough space for everyone to go off and do their own thing. Whether that’s going snorkelling off the nearby rocks, walking along the beach, or reading in hammock under a palm tree!

We had a few great parties too, around BBQ, drinking a few Kaliks (the great local beer!), and cooking the fish we had caught that day!

We will defiantly be to Slip Stream in the future!

Dorset
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Slipstream- a piece of heaven!

I stayed at Slipstream in January 2007 and it was the perfect holiday. Airy, spacious rooms with plenty of room for lounging around when it hit "cocktail hour". Massively friendly locals made the holiday even more fun - we went out fishing and ate fresh conch on the boat! Stepping straight out of the house on to the beach was also a fantastic luxury... White sand, blue sea, eternal sunshine - the perfect holiday destination.