We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay?

Hi,everyone. Looking for some onfo. on where to stay on Long Island.Stayed at Higginslanding Stocking Island and Sammy T'S Cat island. Any help would be helpful. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Long Island
Long Island
84 Reviews
Long Island
Cat Island
Cat Island
Out Islands
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

Cape Santa Maria Resort is the most casually elegant resort on the island but there are lots of good reviews for Stella Maris. I'd advise looking back through all the posts for good advice. We always rent a house but others prefer the amenities of a resort.

Long is a great place, very laid back.

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas
Cape Santa Maria Beach...
719 Reviews
Long Island
Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

couple also looking for home rental info. we would prefer home on atlantic ocean side. of the 12 rentals on VRBO we like goombay house and harbor villa on lochabar beach. is lochabar too far south? we like to go out visit different beaches!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

We always stay up north but the south is great too. The Lochabar Beach area is really beautiful I have read that Goombay House is a great property. I am not familiar with the others.

4. Re: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 30, 2009