We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trash on beach's

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
trash on beach's

been to elu'tra,,,, coming to long island. how is the flotsam problem!

jim

Illinois City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: trash on beach's

There is a problem on the atlantic side but not on the west side. If you are staying at one of the resorts on the west side you will be very pleased.

sealife2

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
361 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trash on beach's

Flotsam is present on just about every windward beach in the Bahamas and Caribbean (unless it's some swanky resort where it gets picked up). It's just a fact of life -- has nothing to do with the islanders dumping trash and everything to do with all the junk put in the water by shipping traffic, etc.

I don't like it anymore than any other visitor, but I take the attitude of a treasure hunter on those windward shores. My husband has found a glass fish float (some people make an avocation of hunting down these rarities), and I am known to collect beach glass from time to time. Messages in bottles are not unheard of. It never ceases to amaze me what survives the turbulent seas -- those stupid lightbulbs that seem to shatter in my hands at home make it across oceans unscathed.

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: trash on beach's

Jim are you saying Eluthera is dirty? I've been to Long Island and wanted to make my way to Eluthera..

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trash on beach's

25th Anniv,

there is lots to be found on this topic.

read as much as you care ,here:

…bravenet.com/forum/693744326/fetch/653874

5. Re: trash on beach's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Long Island
Recent Conversations